Default Immigration Based Upon the Intent to Open a Business in the U.S.

Hello,
    I am willing to move to US. I have a company here in my country which will sell for about 300 thousands us dollars. Can I become an immigrant if I use that money to open a small business in US ? If so then what is the procedure, if not than how much cash on minimum do I have to have to start it ?

Thanks,

ASQ

Default Re: Immigration if I Have Money and Willing to Open a Business in Us

See the State Department website:
    Quote Quoting Alien Entrepreneurs
    To qualify as an Immigrant Investor, a foreign citizen must invest between U.S. $500,000 and $1,000,000, depending on the unemployment rate in the geographical area, in a commercial enterprise in the United States which creates at least 10 new full-time jobs for U.S. citizens, permanent residents, or other lawful immigrants, not including the investor and his or her family. Immigrant Investors receive 7.1 percent of the yearly worldwide limit of employment-based immigrant visas.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Thanks Knowitall,
    So I am falling short of 200 thousands in cash. Does the money State Dept wants has to be cash or I can take loans too ?

Read this.
    Quote Quoting Capital Investment Requirements
    Capital means cash, equipment, inventory, other tangible property, cash equivalents and indebtedness secured by assets owned by the alien entrepreneur, provided that the alien entrepreneur is personally and primarily liable and that the assets of the new commercial enterprise upon which the petition is based are not used to secure any of the indebtedness. All capital shall be valued at fair-market value in United States dollars. Assets acquired, directly or indirectly, by unlawful means (such as criminal activities) shall not be considered capital for the purposes of section 203(b)(5) of the Act.

Note: Investment capital cannot be borrowed.
    Also, at the low end of the investment range, you will need to be careful to invest in a high-unemployment area or rural area.
    Quote Quoting High-unemployment area or rural area
    A targeted employment area is an area that, at the time of investment, is a rural area or an area experiencing unemployment of at least 150 percent of the national average rate.

A rural area is any area outside a metropolitan statistical area (as designated by the Office of Management and Budget) or outside the boundary of any city or town having a population of 20,000 or more according to the decennial census.

1. Sponsored Links