Angry Disposition of Estate That Has Not Been Probated

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Massachusetts

Father-in-law recently passed away (4 months ago). My wife is one of 8 sibling remainders. Their Father had deeded three pieces of real property with varying numbers of remainder children listed on these deeds. Lo and behold, one sibling had gotten themselves named on all deeds and we now find out, gotten themself added to bank accounts. Money is being spent by this sib (witness: extensive new landscaping, new trailer, two vacations in last 9 weeks, plastic surgery, giant flat screen TV and several others). Also find out through county registry that this sib got added to deed of property of a late uncle along with late father. As near as I can tell it was not with a right of sole survivorship and was originally listed as a partial interest, haven't finished going through registry. Sib has been asked by all other sibs to make process transparent and responds "No, I earned this". There are stock and bond certificates that named late mother as beneficiary. Friend tells me that none of the properties will be able to be sold because of unresolved probate issues. Also says that the stocks and bonds will not be able to be modified or received without a probated estate. No will has been found so decedent died intestate. What to do? Is the money and property gone because of the maneuvers that were made? No record as of yet of estate having been submitted to probate and family court.

Default Re: Disposition of Estate That Has Not Been Probated

What to do?
    sounds like somebody (your wife maybe) needs to apply to open probate.

1. Sponsored Links