Default Gave 30 Days Notice, Lease Says 60 Days Notice Required

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Virginia.

Hello, my husband and I have lived in the same apartment building for the past 4 years. Our lease expires on 9/30/11. I called the rental office today to make sure that they knew we were moving out at the end of September. They said they had no record of that. I spoke with a member of the front office staff in July and told her that we would not be renewing our lease. I was never told to put this in writing. When I called the front office today, I was told that we needed to state in writing that when we would be moving. We were never given a copy of our lease, after we asked repeatedly for a copy; furthermore, my name on the lease is wrong (it has my maiden name on the lease) and I requested this to be changed several times as well. My husband's signature is only on the first page of the lease, and he did not initial any of the other pages. The lease clearly states that we need to give 60 days written notice...but we were never given a copy of the lease, and a lot of the information on the lease is incorrect. How can we proceed? thank you so much!

Default Re: Gave 30 Days Notice, Lease Says 60 Days Notice Required

You spoke with somebody in the front office in July. Do you know who that person was? Does that person recall the conversation?

1. Sponsored Links