Default Suing the State for Making a Parent Register as a Sex Offender

My question involves civil rights in the State of:Oklahoma

I have finally decided that my civil rights were violated as a result of my father registering as an RSO
    the problem is that I was 8 years old at the time of his conviction, and was abused by other school children at the age of 14 resulting in mental illness up to today (age 30).
    I feel that my rights were violated as a result of my father's registration requirements.
    I understand that the discovery rule in that state is only 2 years, but I did not think that the shunning and bullying I endured in school was a result of that (internet was not widly available in 1996).

Now that I think about it one of my classmates in 4 th grade asked me if my dad was a molester, and I said no.
    If some of the students knew of that, then it may have been a factor in some of the abuse later in Middle school.
    I was the victim of intense shunning, gang beatings, and one time, I was sprayed with tear gas by a "friend" after school.

As for waiting so long, I did not put these 2 things together until recently, and thought there is nothing I can do about it. Is there any hope that I have a case against the state, or the school district?

I would like to note that as a result of my mental illness , and lack of social skills has costed me SO much with job opportunities, and relationships. It was not my fault that my father was convicted of this. He was convicted, not me.

Default Re: Suing the State for Making a Parent Register as a Sex Offender

No, there is no hope whatsoever that you can sue the school district 22 years after the fact.

And are you suggesting that the state should have violated their own registration requirements because it would be easier on you?

Default Re: Suing the State for Making a Parent Register as a Sex Offender

The person you should be focusing on is your father.

The State did nothing wrong.

1. Sponsored Links