Default Liquor Webstore in U.S. Where the Liquor Never Touches U.S. Soil - Needs License

My question involves business law in the state of: N/A

I want to open a webstore that is advertising liquor that is *outside* the U.S. The liquor is located at, shipped from, and shipped to the outside country altogether. The alcohol will never touch U.S. soil and will not be consumed by U.S. citizens.

The idea is that the store is a way for U.S. citizens to buy gifts (in these case, liquor) for their relatives in their original country. It processes credit card payments inside the U.S. to make it easier for people to make purchases, but then the money is periodically wired to another account in the other country and all the packaging, transport, and delivery, happens outside the U.S.

Since i'm not selling alcohol to the "general public" in the U.S., i'm not sure if liquor license requirements apply here.

Does anyone know anything about this... or can point me to some materials that discuss it?

Default Re: Liquor Webstore in U.S. Where the Liquor Never Touches U.S. Soil - Needs License

You will have to explore the laws of whatever state you are in. Laws vary by state.

You may want to look into setting up your business in a foreign nation where you are certain that your actions are legal, and doing the same in relation to your servers and business transactions. It's not clear what your plan is, with respect to incorporation, billing, contracts with suppliers, etc.

Default Re: Liquor Webstore in U.S. Where the Liquor Never Touches U.S. Soil - Needs License

In California I believe your liquor "brokering" business will indeed require a license.

1. Sponsored Links