Default How Long After You're Caught With Drugs Can You Still be Charged

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Mississippi
    My boyfriend was arrested on June 12, 2011 and is currently in jail on a charge of possession of < 1 gram of powder cocaine, which he recieved in 2007. He and another man both were charged with the same cocaine. He has not been to court nor seen a public defender since he has been in jail. My question is "What is the statute of limitation on that charge?" What is he looking at as for as jail time?

Default Re: Old Charge

The statute of limitations on such felonies is two years. When he received it means nothing, if he was still in possession of it when he was arrested, he was within the limitations period. It is impossible, even for Mississippi that he has not been to court at least once on this.

1. Sponsored Links