Default Car Towed from My Apartment Complex

My question involves towing laws for the State of: Arizona

Now, i have a car that was towed yesterday. The reasons they gave were "the tags were expired" and it "looked abandoned". The tags were for AUG 2011 so they arent expired yet... when i explained this to them, they said "it still looked abandoned". I don't understand this logic, if you have a tow-truck you can just drive around an apartment complex, see a crap car that looks like it hasnt moved in awhile and just hitch it up and take it? sounds like theft to me. COmpanies cant just tow any car they want to and make up a reason???

furthermore, i was not informed of the towing at ALL. I didnt even notice it was towed until the next day when i walked by where my car usually would be and its gone. is it just me or is this extortion? would like a serious response.

Default Re: Car Towed from My Apartment Complex

What are the apartment rules for "abandoned vehicles" - and what are they claiming "looked abandoned" about your car? For example, some complexes will have rules that provide for the towing of vehicles that are leaking oil, have flat tires, or haven't been moved for a specified period of time.

Default Re: Car Towed from My Apartment Complex

before we moved in, we had explained to the management that we had a vehicle that would not be driven at least for a few months and asked if it was ok if we parked it in one of the open parking spaces. they said that was no problem at all. the towing company told me that it looked abandoned because one of the windows were rolled down, and it was slightly dirty. what annoys me most is just a few spaces down from where my car was, there is an old mustang with a flat tire that hasnt moved since before i moved in... and they didnt tow it.

1. Sponsored Links