Default Can I Press Charges on Someone Who Prank Calls Me on a Daily Basis

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Illinois

Ok so what's going on is that my ex's girlfriend keeps calling me once or twice a day for some reason and the one time I pick up she just stays quiet and hangs up on me, and even though I don't pick up anymore she still calls on a daily basis. Now this has been going on for about two weeks, not to mention she used to send me rude texts and emails last year when i was pregnant, so it's not the first time she's been trying to bother me. I am getting annoyed with this situation and I want to know if I can do anything regarding the matter. Can I press charges on her? Maybe a restraining order? I want to know my options.

Default Re: Can I Press Charges on Someone Who Prank Calls Me on a Daily Basis

What proof do you have that it's her?

Have you tried blocking her number?

You can try the police, but they're not inclined usually to do enough investigation to be criminally prosecutable. Your best option (especially with the traditional landline telephone company) is to contact them first.

she doesnt call me private, so I have her phone on record through my cell phone bill. I have not blocked her but I want to take some legal action so she can stop contacting me for good.

contact who? phone company?

I have not seen any cases come through me based soley off of that. She is not doing anything threatening as of yet. If you can gather the rude texts and emails up, you may possibly get an order of protection through civil court. It's just as enforceable as the orders from the domestic court. If you have messages that were threatening and you can possibly get some action by proving that it's ongoing.

1. Sponsored Links