Angry Duplex: Four Parking Spaces, Landlord Gives 1 Space to Park, No Guests Can Park

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida.

When I moved in to this duplex, my landlord told me one of the TWO driveways was entirely mine. One driveway holds two cars. For the first year or so I didn't own a car, so they figured it would be OK to park in my driveway which I didn't mind at all. I then was given a car and happily parked in my spot, only to have the landlords son continuously park in my extra spot dangerously close to my car, making it difficult to get in and out. That's not what annoys me though. What annoys me is she came knocking on my door telling me to have my guest who's been frequently visiting to move his car because her son can't park anywhere. I told her that I was paying rent for that entire driveway to be mine, and that I can have whoever I want park there. She continued to yell that my guest is not a tenant so he has no right to be parking there. Is she right? She told me when I moved in that I'm paying for that driveway, and now she won't even let me use the whole thing or have a guest park there. What do I do?

Default Re: Duplex: Four Parking Spaces, Landlord Gives 1 Space to Park, No Guests Can Park

what does your lease say to parking accommodations?

Default Re: Duplex: Four Parking Spaces, Landlord Gives 1 Space to Park, No Guests Can Park

There is no lease.

A month to month tenancy can be altered with as little as a months notice. You have effectively been notified that you do not have control of the driveway any longer. If you are not happy with that, you are welcome to move elsewhere.

1. Sponsored Links