Default Rent for the Rest of the Month

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: idaho
    we let our rather shady land lords are charging us for the rest of the month of aug. we had told them that we are moving out on the 20th (about a month ago) and are being charged for the rest of the month is this normal or allowed? i don't like being charged for something im not getting.
    thank you for you replies.

Default Re: Rent for the Rest of the Month

Quote Quoting jonnyrent
    View Post
    My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: idaho
    we let our rather shady land lords are charging us for the rest of the month of aug. we had told them that we are moving out on the 20th (about a month ago) and are being charged for the rest of the month is this normal or allowed? i don't like being charged for something im not getting.
    thank you for you replies.
    Generally speaking, rentals are done from the first of the month to the last day of the month. When tenants give me notice I want it for the end of the following month. Why is that??

If someone tells me that he's just paying till Aug 20, and if I want to not lose any rent, I would have to find someone renting up exactly as of Aug 21. Where in the world would I find someone needing it as of such a peculiar day?? For Sep 1, I would find plenty of people. Now, I have tenants telling me they may be appear to refer someone who can rent up as of Aug 21, and if these people are credit worthy, passed my sreening, I would do that.

In fact, years back I had an argument with a tenant over this, and he started the month on an odd day of like the 17th of the month. So in his mind, he paid me one month, and the rent is due again on the 17th of the following month. So on the third month, I told him to pay me for 13 days, till the end of the month, then we're from the 1st from there on in. I told him the exact reason is I don't want have to look for someone to start off in the future on an odd day of the 18th of the month.

Bottomline is, I know some tenants think I am shady when I run things so that it'll be easy for me, and my next tenant, but that's how the business runs.

1. Sponsored Links