Default Medical Records Were Lost

My question involves medical malpractice in the state of: New York City

I have a situation with a local hospital: Metropolitan Hospital. I have recently found that my medical records were not found in the clinic where I visited. The medical records could not account for the numerous visits as a patient. Their response was that I was never a patient at the local clinic.

Could my medical record have been compromised or destroyed to avoid a lawsuit? I have medication that was prescribed and emergency room name tags to prove that I was treated in this hospital.

This very hospital is notorious for many malpractices in medical procedures, stolen items, and many other things. Please advise.

Mrs. Jimenez

Default Re: Medical Records Were Lost

Anything is possible. Most of the time, though, when records are lost or misplaced it's due to an administrative error, and most of the time they're eventually located.

Mr. Knowitall:

My medical records have not been misplaced. The medical records office has called every department to locate my file and I do not appear in any of their computers. Of course, I agree that anything is possible. The question is: Do I Have a Case? Was my information compromised or sold to a foreigner? These are serious matters in need of a serious reply.

Do you have a case for what? Angrily telling them that they should take better care of their records?

Could it be that you're mistaken and visited a different facility?

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Could it be that you're mistaken and visited a different facility?
    Exactly what I'm wondering.

OP, did you make copies of your ER papers and bring them to medical records at the hospital listed on them?

Is the clinic actually on hospital grounds or is it a seperate entity stating the are affilitaed with Metropolitan.

The thing is that with paper records, anything can happen. Maybe a staffer accidentally got them mixed up with other patient records, maybe the file was mistakenly destroyed. I know that in our court, there have been cases where the official record was lost for years and only found by accident. Maybe the papers were accidentally combined with the file of another patient with the same name. Common ethnic names are a real problem in records keeping. Is there a case to be made? I don't see anything that indicates that the OP has or is likely to suffer real harm.

To Mr. Knowitall: Please, if you do not have anything REAL TO SAY...I suggest you keep it to yourself. Thank you. Bitter people like you are what makes the world so sour and unlivable. This is a serious matter and consists of the death of my grandmother who had a stroke as well. Nonetheless, the doctors did not put in her medical records the right diagnosis of her condition because they were afraid of a lawsuit. Please go study law...real law and see if you find compassion and understanding as well as sympathy and empathy. Mr Know it all knows nothing at all. You should change your name to Mr. SCROOGE.

To Dogmatique and Lealea1005: Not likely. Our family has been long time patients of the hospital. We are investigating and have found alarming information. We are in the process of retaining a lawyer who also found some devastating information. The hospital records should be archived or stored for auditing purposes. They cannot just delete records at their expense, especially if they have treated and diagnosed a person with a medical condition. What happened was that they were contacted by our family lawyers and found the many errors they have made. This hospital is notorious for making such errors and conducting illegal practices, which is the major part why they were at the brink of losing funding/donations. However, my family has been grieving the death of my grandmother because she was given a drug that was detrimental to her health and caused her to have a stroke and other complications with health. On February 14, 2011, we lost her. This is a very sensitive topic and was posted seeking guidance and not ridicule from Mr. Knowitall.

To Domagtique and Lealea1005: How can I have mistaken visiting another facility? I have to laugh at that and thank you for the laughter, but it is unlikely since I am not 90, but 36. LOL. Thank you for a sincere reply without arrogance. The clinic is part of the hospital and they share the same information. It is a clinic within the community for those who cannot travel to the main site. All information is put into the computer system and they can look it up. It is funny how my records were not found. I appear to have medication prescribed to me from doctors who work there and have been admitted some years back for a blood clot, but no records are found. I was injected with Warfarin and still there are no records in the main site or at their local clinic. The clinic has the name of the hospital as well and has been operating close to my home for several years.

AZDeputyClerk: The message below is not directed at you, but at Mr. Knowitall. Misplaced papers is a sure possibility. However, they have searched the entire hospital. My file was current until our family lawyers contacted the hospital. After this call, my files have suddenly disappeared and the lawyers are finding this peculiar. A serious and thorough investigation is being conducted. I had to submit my medication and any prescription filled from this hospital. It is my only proof that I was actually a patient along with all of the ID tags from the emergency room. Luckily, I saved some.

Tell you what. Since you are convinced that there is a huge conspiracy under both medical and legal guises to do as much damage to you as possible, talk to a few private attorneys (many will give free consultations). If you can find one that will take your case on contingency, great, go for it. But if you can't find a lawyer who will take your case without your putting down a great deal of money up front, then you can assume with great certainty that you have no case.

You are a whiny one, aren't you. I didn't say anything inappropriate here. If you have a problem with being given accurate answers based upon the limited information you provide, the problem is with you. Similarly, if I am supposed to be weeping bitter tears over your lot in life because of... things you haven't shared... the problem is again with you. You are a rude, obnoxious, unappreciative person.

1. Sponsored Links