Default Can Court Appointed Lawyers Mock a Clients Low Socioeconomic Status

My question involves malpractice by a lawyer in the state of: New York City.

I would like to know some information about inmates and their family's rights when represented in NYC Courts. My husband has had several lawyers which have mistreated and are mistreating my husband. While we tried to keep abreast on the current case we have encountered lies, deceit, badgering tactics, and coercion so that I can convince my husband to take a plea of guilty to life in prison. The lawyers have breached to Professional and Legal Code of Conduct. During a court appearance, I was told that my husband was not brought over by the DOC. However, he was brought by the DOC and was not produced to meet with the attorney or Judge. The lawyer stated he did not know and the court pretended that he was not there. The meeting between the Judge and Lawyer was conducted without the presence of my husband. He does not know what was discussed or if the conversation was recorded by the Stenographer. The lawyer did not specifically state and refused to inform as the others have done. What we have experienced is the lawyers belittling us, discouraging all efforts or information that can help my husband, yelling at us and stating that our values and beliefs do not matter, and much more.

They have used several tactics of intimidation and threats to deter us from defending our human and constitutional rights. They are now threatening my husband to have me arrested if I testify, and other matters that cannot be detailed in this thread. I would like to know how can I have these lawyers thoroughly investigated and disbarred for verbal mistreatment/abuse, deceit, badgering, coercion, and using illegal tactics to sentence my husband. I have vital information that can have my husband acquitted by the testimony of the victim. However, I am being told that if I testify I would be arrested. Is there a law that protects my husband and I? Which laws? Are we being discriminated in this case or are our rights being stripped from us. The peculiar thing is that the victim could not identify the attacker and after the second line-up she then decided it was my husband. I have written to the Supreme Court regarding the first lawyer and they ruled in his favor. However, my husband's first lawyer failed to appear to many of his court appearances causing the case to be adjourned over 13 times. The people have not been ready and suspicion rises as to why the DNA was collected so late and why are they showing two different videos to my husband and to the lawyer. This last lawyer made a mockery of our ability to retain a private lawyer and sarcastically made a reference to my testifying and having a lawyer other than himself to defend me. Is it professional to insinuate that a person cannot have proper representation because of a low socioeconomic status? Is this discrimination? The second lawyer also made a mockery of us as well as the investigator working with him. He confessed that if my husband had a private lawyer he would not be detained, but since he did not have the money then he would be provided with whatever representation was awarded.

Something is very wrong. I want to file suit against the NYC Courts, NYPD, NYCHA, Lawyers and DA who were on the case and those who are acting as prosecutor and defense. We have been hit all ways. NYCHA has a great deal to do with this case as well. They allowed access into my apartment without consent and opened the door for detectives to do an illegal search and extract any evidence or items they felt will strengthen the case while I was visiting and spending the night at my mother's house. The first DA removed himself from the case and no reason was given to us for his actions. I can only imagine that he knew there was something not right or he had committed a mistake along with Cyrus JR in prosecuting my husband under the lies of the detective and the victim.

Concerned & distraught wife.....

Default Re: Can Court Appointed Lawyers Sarcastically Mock a Clients Low Socioeconomic Status

The lawyers represent your husband, not you. If he does not feel that they are acting ethically, he is free to make a complaint. If they're lawyers with a public defender's office, he can complain to their supervisors about any allegedly unethical or inappropriate conduct. He can also file a grievance.

There is no reason a court-appointed lawyer cannot remind you of your right to retain a private lawyer. It is not discrimination to remind you of your right to hire your own lawyer, even if you cannot afford one.

Default Re: Can Court Appointed Lawyers Sarcastically Mock a Clients Low Socioeconomic Status

Mr. Knowitall:

I have noticed that you did not answer everything else except the right of the attorney to suggest seeking a lawyer. Let me clarify the matter...the attorney did not suggest I retain an attorney for myself. What he did was mocked if I could or could not retain an attorney.

Secondly, I specifically stated in my detailed post that we did submit a complaint, but because the conversations are not recorded then there is no real evidence. However, I have substantial evidence of what has happened and what has been said.

To be honest, the entire judicial system is a joke. It does not matter who you complain to they dismiss these complaints...UNTIL a lawyer is retain. It is then that matters are taken more seriously. It is when the real litigation begins and all is relevant. I believe that JUDGES feel they are GOD. What is most irritable is that they take these complaints lightly because they have the power to do whatever pleases them. Nonetheless, I did not receive an answer to the whole of my message.

Thanks anyway.....

Mrs. Jimenez

If your husband believes he acted inappropriately your husband is free to complain as described above. Your husband is, of course, free to submit whatever evidence he has in support of his complaint.

But that's the stuff I covered (beyond stating the obvious about submitting your evidence in support of your complaints). You suggest that there is "something" you feel I didn't answer, but you're not going to say what it is? When you pay me by the hour, I'll be happy to review your post in detail to try to figure out what it is you think I didn't tell you. To be clear, though, we're volunteers - nobody here is under any obligation to address any of your questions.

So we have criminal AND medical conspiracies taking place? (Per OP's other thread)

The odds of that aren't strong.

No. Not unless the OP can provide credible evidence for the affected party to bring properly to the court. Judges being God? Not as much as back in the day. Of course, back then the husband wouldn't have had a court appointed attorney either.

Mr. Knowitall:

Thank you for your comment.

Domagtique: Well. What can I say? It has not been a great year for my family. I do hope that none of the people who respond will suffer all that my family has endured...only then will these matters be considered as serious as the post.

Thank you.

AZDeputyClerk: I am not sure what was worst: the lawlessness in older times or the scrupulous secret lives of the employees that run our legal system. Thank God we have a family attorney who fights for us and never actually sees our need for an attorney. We receive sound advice and were able to give these medical and criminal matters the necessary attention. You know, some people just don't care about the feelings of others anymore. It takes losing someone to understand the vulnerability that my family is feeling and the sense of losing a person who was well, alive, and healthy before being medicated. As for criminal, the evidence is there the victim confessed and told the truth to me. She was indirectly telling us that she was coerced and encouraged to lie by the police officers. Thank you for nonjudgmental and sound advice. It really means a lot. Take care. I am not sure if I will posting anything else since our family lawyer has returned from vacation and is working on these cases. Thanks.

Update: The criminal case - I was told not to testify or I will be arrested by the DA in NYC. My testimony will actually acquit my husband. What are the odds of an unfair judicial system?

What are the odds that you'll post something that is credible? Who do you imagine will arrest you if you testify - or do you mean that somebody reminded you that perjury is a crime?

1. Sponsored Links