Default Will Half of Martial Home to My Sister and Brother

My question involves estate proceedings in the state of: Michigan
    My husband and I own our home outright. We bought the home while married, there is a quit claim deed in my husbands name only. Also my 89 year old Mother lives with us. If I were to die, I would like for my Mother to have a place to live until she dies with my brothers care, my brother is caring for her in our home now. I would also like my daughter, sister, and brother to inherit my half of the property. Is this possible?

Default Re: Will Half of Martial Home to My Sister and Brother

who is the grantee of the QC deed in your husbands name? or do you mean to say the QC deed was to him as grantee so the home is only in his name? If so, a lot will depend on what your husband wants to do and if he precedes you in death or not. What does he want to do?

Michigan does not recognize community property so it isn't as easy as you own a 1/2 share in the house.

My husbands sister signed the Warranty deed to both of us. My husband made me sign a QC deed to him. I suffer from severe mental depression and am currently collecting social security disability. We had debt collectors calling and stopping by constantly and since my share of the debt was larger than his he convinced me that we would lose our home if I didn't sign. After about a week of badgering and threats I did.

well, if you want to argue that you signed the deed under duress, you could attempt to have it invalidated. Do you have a lot of money to give a lawyer to attempt to fight this?

1. Sponsored Links