Default Just Forund Out Drivers License Suspended Need Help

My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of: california ....i copied and pasted what my driving record says . i did get a failure to appear for the no seatbelt and i went as soon as i got that notice and am paying the fines off right now but when i went to court they never mentioned i had another failure to appear with a warrent out for my arrest on the red light violation. and the department of revenue recovery does'nt say i owe more than the 49.00 bucks left on my fines here is my record DEPARTMENTAL ACTIONS:
    DRV LIC SUSPENDED*EFF:01-12-11*ORDER MAILED:12-13-10*
    AUTH:13365 *
    REASON:FAIL TO APPEAR NOTICE*SERVICE:A/12-13-10*STATE:CALIFORNIA*
    MAILED, NOT RETURNED UNCLAIMED ** VERBAL OR PERSONAL SERVICE NEEDED **
    CONVICTIONS:
    VIOL/DT CONV/DT SEC/VIOL DKT/NO DISP COURT VEH/LIC
    08-20-10 11-09-10 27315D VC *------ ------- --------
    405095 VC

UPDATED:11-09-10*
    FAILURES TO APPEAR:
    VIOL/DT SEC/VIOL DKT/NO COURT VEH/LIC
    01-13-10 21453A VC *------ ------ -------"
    40508A VC
    .................... i looked it up and the code 40508a...says something about a warrent out for my arrest i was like wow i never had a warrent out for my arrest before.... so what should i do go to the dmv courts come monday or call the d.m.v. or turn myself in at the jail house. also i guess a got the redlight violation from a camera six months before the seatbelt ticket and when i was in court the judge was bringing up everybodies past tickets and what they owed ect. but when he got to me all he said was that i owed money on that no seat belt ticket he said nothing about the red light violation. or hell i would have started to pay that to. i mean if i had a warrent out for my arrest already from the red light why didnt the judge say something to me. oh and i dont know really when i got the red light violation i guess i got that first . but all in all im asking for advice because i got pulled over last night because of a bad lisence plate light out which i checked after he left and it was'nt out guess that is why he did'nt arrest me or give me a ticket for driving on a suspended lisence because he had no right to pull me over but if i did have a warrent they should of arrested me or told me so im a bit confused is all.

Default Re: Just Forund Out Drivers License Suspended Need Help

It is no longer common to issue a warrant for an FTA on a traffic infraction. Odds are there is no warrant, but you will have to check with the local court.

This indicates that a notice of suspension was sent to your address on file and was not returned. In many counties, this is considered good service, but they are still requesting an officer provide personal notice. What that means is that you would not likely get a citation for having a suspended license (CVC 14601 et seq) but for CVC 12500(a)) due to being unlicensed.

Chances are the officer that stopped you did not know anything more than your license had been suspended and personal notice was needed. As for the license plate light, if the white light was exposed, or failed to illuminate the plate adequately, or was colored, then it's a violation. It's common to make such stops just to see if the driver might be DUI. I doubt he just picked you at random and made up the violation to justify it. There are far too many legitimate stops out there to risk lawsuits and criminal prosecution just to get a citation or a DUI arrest.
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Default Re: Just Forund Out Drivers License Suspended Need Help

Quote Quoting cdwjava
    View Post
    It is no longer common to issue a warrant for an FTA on a traffic infraction. Odds are there is no warrant, but you will have to check with the local court.

This indicates that a notice of suspension was sent to your address on file and was not returned. In many counties, this is considered good service, but they are still requesting an officer provide personal notice. What that means is that you would not likely get a citation for having a suspended license (CVC 14601 et seq) but for CVC 12500(a)) due to being unlicensed.

Chances are the officer that stopped you did not know anything more than your license had been suspended and personal notice was needed. As for the license plate light, if the white light was exposed, or failed to illuminate the plate adequately, or was colored, then it's a violation. It's common to make such stops just to see if the driver might be DUI. I doubt he just picked you at random and made up the violation to justify it. There are far too many legitimate stops out there to risk lawsuits and criminal prosecution just to get a citation or a DUI arrest.
    thanks for your response it does kinda clear somethings up and i was'nt mad or gonna try to do anything about him stopping me i know they are just doin their job and hell i have 22"s on my car so sure thats what got his attention just wish the courts would have said something about the red light violation when i was in court had to take a day off of work and now i gotta take another one. they sure do like to waste your time there. all of this could have been taken care of then. and im sure they are gonna tack on some penalties for this and for that and this and that a arm here a leg here. im tellin you the courts need to invest in some new software to take care of this backed up paper system they use. sometimes i wonder if they do this on purpose just to get more money from you. kinda in a way a bunch of B.S. pardon my french. thanks though for your response.......lates

1. Sponsored Links