Default Mother and Maternal Grandmother Have Joint Custody, is the Father Anything More Than

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: tennessee

In order for my ex wife to go away to job corps in 2003 i was required to sign a paper giving joint custody to her and the maternal grandmother. i was told by the lawyer that this would only last until my ex got back from job corps. as of today's date, this joint custody still stands even though my ex has been over and done with job corps for several years.
    do i, as father and non custodial parent, have any rights or responsibility other than the standard "pay child support or go to jail"?

Default Re: Mother and Maternal Grandmother Have Joint Custody, is the Father Anything More T

Your child is now 11 and you haven't seen her since 2003, correct?

You can file to establish an enforceable visitation plan. Eventually you may be able to get some sort of legal and physical custody.

I don't understand why YOU would have to sign over custody in order for MOM to go to job corps. That seems counterintuitive.

Default Re: Mother and Maternal Grandmother Have Joint Custody, is the Father Anything More T

28 may, 2003 to be exact. i have been told the only thing that can be done about the visitation is "get a lawyer and take them to court. fact is, i can barely afford to pay child support let alone the $1500 it would take for a lawyer to even look at my case.

You don't need an attorney.

forms are here

You will have to pay the filing fee, and you should expect to have a phased-in, graduated parenting plan where you'll be reintroduced to your child. Your child may need counseling to help with this.

You should also be expected to visit in Mom's community.

1. Sponsored Links