Default Becoming a Mediator with a Felony

My question involves a background check in the State of: Florida

Hello all, I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate if I could get some answers.

First, I am in the process of getting my record sealed. I filed paperwork about 3 months ago, and my attorney said it should be done any day now. I am posting here because I went through legal aid, and it literally takes about a week or 2 for them to return my calls. But understandably so.

But anyway, my first question is, how will my background check look once my record is sealed? Will it show that I have a sealed record, or will it simply say no record?

Also, I just received a background check in the mail due to me being denied a job, and it showed 2 items. The first was my case, which was a withhold of adjudication 3rd degree felony burglary and the second item was my probation start and end dates associated with the case. I assume that sealing my record would clear both of these items since they are both the same case. Am I correct?

My third question is about becoming a mediator. I am aboutto finish college and am looking into becoming a mediator in the state of Florida. I have cheked the requirements and good moral standing is a requirement. I understand that the Florida bar will be able to see my sealed record, but I'm not seeking to become an attorney. My question is, will the people that review my mediation application be able to see that I have a sealed record? If so, and I am required to disclose my felony, does anyone know if I have realistic chances of becoming a mediator? I would rather not put money, time, and effort into a goal I have little chance of achieving.

Thank you for any feedback.

Default Re: Becoming a Mediator With a Sealed Criminal Record

My question is, will the people that review my mediation application be able to see that I have a sealed record?
    Yes.

If so, and I am required to disclose my felony, does anyone know if I have realistic chances of becoming a mediator?
    Certain types of criminal records would disqualify you, but not all. You'll need to check in the county in which you intend to serve.

1. Sponsored Links