Default Wisconsin's Law Regarding Pocket Knives

Hi everyone. I would like to purchase a Swiss army knife for personal use. I don't intend to use it for self defense, but I intend to use it for small repairs and other miscellaneous things like opening bottle caps, cutting ropes and wires, etc.

My worries are that these are all lockable blades and that the smallest one is 2.5 inches in length. I tried looking for some information online but There must be some sort of restriction or law that must punish carrying smaller blades like this. I intend to carry it in my pocket and only use it when needed. I don't get in trouble with the law, but in case I get pulled over for example, and the cop searches my car and finds the blade, what would happen?

Default Re: Wisconsin's Law Regarding Pocket Knives

It looks like Wisconsin law provides little guidance - you carry a concealed weapon, the state charges you, then you present a defense that by virtue of your intent your weapon doesn't fall under the statute as a "dangerous weapon".
    Quote Quoting Wisconsin Statutes, Sec. 941.23. Carrying concealed weapon.
    Any person except a peace officer who goes armed with a concealed and dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor. Notwithstanding s. 939.22 (22), for purposes of this section, peace officer does not include a commission warden who is not a state-certified commission warden.

1. Sponsored Links