Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Default Re: Red Light Violation Feedback Needed

Plead not guilty to all traffic tickets I've gotten 2 moving violation tickets in New Jersey in the last 39 years. So I probably cannot be called a scofflaw. Here is what I found. the first ticket was a radar speeding ticket on the Garden State Parkway issued by a state trooper, fine was $85 and 2 points.(Extremely difficult to beat in court), I don't think I would have won this one.) I plead not guilty, possibly 2 out of a 100 defendants pled not guilty. I had to appear twice but the trooper did not show. They will not call a trooper in to testify on a minor ticket on his day off. Troopers in Nj work 4 days on 4 days off. With vacation time there is less than a 50% chance of the trooper appearing. you have to go to court twice , about 6 hours + travel time, but you will get off if the trooper does not appear. ........Next case red-light camera ticket in Linden Nj. My truck crossed into the intersection milli-seconds after the light turned red. I researched this one and the minimum amber light in NJ for a 40mph zone is 4 seconds. My ticket and the video showed a 3 second amber, too short for the speed limit. I pled not guilty. I had to appear 3 times for this. I noticed there were no police officers in court, the entire 3 court sessions, for any of the not guilt plea defendants. Everyone that pled not guilty was dismissed, so definitely plead not guilty in Linden, Nj. They apparently do not call the officer, unless it's a DUI or other serious offense. I guess there's no money in it. Court time 9 hours. This was not worth the time, but I wanted to present the case because 12,000 tickets were thrown out in Glassboro Nj beecause of a short 3 second yellow. By the way, I checked the light after my ticket and the same yellow had been increased to 4 seconds. This had nothing to do with my case, because it was before my court appearance.garcoininc@aol.com

Also, I was driving my friend's car. The proof of insurance for the vehicle will have his name on the list which will be different than the name (my name) on the trail by declaration. Will this be a problem? Do I need to go into details that the car was my friend's car?

Quote Quoting That Guy
    View Post
    I am just thinking that this document might add some life to the descriptions in the letter from DPW. I'll look at it and let you know "what I think".
    I think if it is just the one page, it wouldn't hut to include it, but if you included it, I now see that it is not the Traffic and Engineering study" for that intersection and it provides little or no information related to the you contention... Skip it...

Quote Quoting bpat
    View Post
    Thank you very much for your input.
    No problem just understand that when you signed up and signed on here you agreed to the following:

Notice: Information provided in the forum is not intended to substitute for professional advice, including but not limited to professional legal advice. If you submit a question or comment it is assumed that you are interested in soliciting, receiving or giving general information and not legal advice. Laws vary by state, and the laws described in this forum may be different in your state or may have been changed since the information was posted. The legal help offered in this forum comes from volunteers who may not have any formal legal training or knowledge, and all information should be confirmed with a qualified legal professional. All information is made available on an "as is" basis. You should accept legal advice only from a licensed legal professional with whom you have an attorney-client relationship. Use of this forum is subject to the ExpertLaw terms of use.
    Quote Quoting bpat
    View Post
    Also, I was driving my friend's car. The proof of insurance for the vehicle will have his name on the list which will be different than the name (my name) on the trail by declaration. Will this be a problem?
    I can only assume that the insurance card/proof of insurance you provided includes at least a brief description of the vehicle and so does the citation.... I have never heard of that being an issue, in fact that clerk you spoke to is a bone-head simply because dismissing a 16028(a) can be done by the clerk (its even on the back of your citation as well as the California Uniform Bail Schedule which is issued by the Judicial Council) and he should know better than to say "its up to the judge"!

Quote Quoting bpat
    View Post
    Do I need to go into details that the car was my friend's car?
    No!

I trust you will let us know how it works out, and again, good luck!

Thank you so much. I have mailed the TBD with all the evidence. Now I just wait and watch. I will definitely reply back once I hear about the verdict. Once again, thank you for all your time.

Quote Quoting bpat
    View Post
    Thank you so much.
    No need for it ... Not yet, at least!

Quote Quoting bpat
    View Post
    I will definitely reply back once I hear about the verdict.
    Good, I will keep my fingers crossed.

Quote Quoting bpat
    View Post
    Once again, thank you for all your time.
    Again..... No "thank you" needed!

And I still see nothing from Quirky.... Stir the pot, and when push comes to shove... Fade away.... And while I myself do the stirring often on this forum, a rarely fade... Instead, people complain about me being on here too often!

^^^^ sorry, couldn't meet OPs deadline with such short notice.

Lats month, I got a letter from the Superior court stating that I have been found "Not Guilty" of the red light violation. Thank you "That Guy" and everyone else who responded. I am really grateful to you "That Guy" for guiding me in the filing process and providing your insights on the case.

Quote Quoting bpat
    View Post
    Lats month, I got a letter from the Superior court stating that I have been found "Not Guilty" of the red light violation. Thank you "That Guy" and everyone else who responded. I am really grateful to you "That Guy" for guiding me in the filing process and providing your insights on the case.
    Thank you for the update... I'm glad I could help!

1. Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6