Default Have Idea to Improve Existing Product Which Already Has Patent

I have a few ideas about improving the use of an existing product currently being sold by a company which for sure is already patented. These ideas will save buyers and users of the product time and also improve the quality of use of the product and expand the use of the product. I have planned to present my ideas to the company but if they decide to use my ideas I would like to participate in any financial gain the company receives by using my ideas. Is this possible? If not, I will go ahead and tell the company about my ideas because I like the product and would like other users to get a benefit from my ideas.

Thank you.

Default Re: Have Idea to Improve Existing Product Which Already Has Patent

do you an IT agreement? if not, then normally the technology would be the companies (as you are their employee). Now if they want to patent it, then they would need your sign-off on it ... for the amount of ??? which is subject to negotiation if no IT agreement specifies this. Of course, asking for too much will get you tossed out.

Default Re: Have Idea to Improve Existing Product Which Already Has Patent

You're simply an outside inventor, hoping to pitch your ideas to the patent holder? You can expect that the company will be hesitant to sign any contract with you, lest you end up pitching ideas that are the same or similar to ideas they have already created in-house - they won't want to open themselves up to possible litigation over their use of ideas they already own, are already developing, or would deem obvious. What will any particular company do, though? That's up to the company to decide, in accord with its policies.

1. Sponsored Links