Default Is It Possible to Personally Order Someone to Stay Away Short of a Restraining Order

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Oregon

Here's a new one on me. I want to make a relative stay away from my elderly father, and my father wants that too. We don't have grounds for a restraining order. My father still lives alone in his own home.

I know it is possible to "trespass" (dang I wish they didn't use that as a verb) someone from your property simply by giving constructive notice, but does anyone know of a way my Dad can order them to not call or contact him, and make it stick as a matter of law?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Default Re: Is It Possible to Personally Order Someone to Stay Away Short of a Restraining Or

If your dad is mentally competent, he can choose his house guests. If he tells somebody to stay away and they enter his home against his instruction, he can call the police and have them removed as a trespasser.

If your dad is not mentally competent, somebody can petition to become his guardian and can restrict his guests consistent with the authority granted by the court.

Default Re: Is It Possible to Personally Order Someone to Stay Away Short of a Restraining Or

Thanks! Yes, I knew he could "trespass" them from his property. I guess if they call him he can just hang up. He's competent. In fact he's amazing at 94 - still lives in his own very nice newer home with a 3 day a week helper. Neither he nor his children want those shirt tail relatives around.

1. Sponsored Links