Default California Ticket on I-5 Nb in Kern County Going 91mph in a 65mph Zone - First Ticket

My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of California.

I just got a speeding 22349(A) infraction and I've been looking at other cases on the forums but I'm confused on what I should do. I was apparently caught going 91mph in a 65mph zone right before the road through the Grapevine ends in Kern County. The box for Radar/Lidar Unit is checked. I just got the ticket on the 22nd of July. Its my first ticket and I live 3hrs away.

Is there anyway I could fight it or somehow get the fine reduced or not go to court?

Default Re: California Ticket on I-5 Nb in Kern County Going 91mph in a 65mph Zone - First Ti

Quote Quoting jtzeng
    View Post
    My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of California.

I just got a speeding 22349(A) infraction and I've been looking at other cases on the forums but I'm confused on what I should do. I was apparently caught going 91mph in a 65mph zone right before the road through the Grapevine ends in Kern County. The box for Radar/Lidar Unit is checked. I just got the ticket on the 22nd of July. Its my first ticket and I live 3hrs away.

Is there anyway I could fight it or somehow get the fine reduced or not go to court?
    91mph in 65 mph will very likely require a Mandatory court appearance regardless of whether you decide to fight it/not fight it, or how to fight it. You'll have to wait for the Courtesy notice from the court which will instruct you accordingly. If you just recently received the ticket, it will probably be a minimum of 2 to 3 weeks before you receive that from the court ...

Default Re: California Ticket on I-5 Nb in Kern County Going 91mph in a 65mph Zone - First Ti

Wait for the letter from the court - you may well have a mandatory appearance since your speed was more than 25mph above posted. If that's the case, you'll have to either show up or have an attorney appear on your behalf.

1. Sponsored Links