Post How to Get Emancipated in Oregon Once I Have Enough Money

My question involves emancipation laws for the State of: Oregon. I am 16 years old, I work alot and make 700 or so a month, I have my licence and will be able to be on my own. My mom has physically and mentally abused me. She has threatened to send me to a juvinielle detention, when I never did anything. She has threatened to break my hands with a hammer and my metal bat just cause I touched her thermastate a little bit because I was freezing cold and it was about 40 degrees outside and inside. She has told me she wishes I was never born because her life would be so much easier and threatened to throw out my cat for no reason. Also threatened to shove a phone up my butt. Any tips or anything you can tell me would sure help. Thanks very much!

Default Re: I Am 16 and Want to Get Emancipated in Oregon Once I Have Enough Money

$700 isn't even going to cover rent and utilities.

How are you going to support yourself while maintaining good grades in school?

If you are being abused, call 911 if in immediate danger or contact CPS.

Default Re: I Am 16 and Want to Get Emancipated in Oregon Once I Have Enough Money

I work full time at my job, plus I babysit every weekend and more so I earn a lot more than $700 and I wont move to far from my school so I will be going to school everyday on time plus going to work. Also I have delt with CPS (not for me) but I have and I can't deal with them anymore. I also have a 4.0 GPA so I will still be able to work and maintain good grades. Plus, I already have someone to move in with and they will help me pay for everything. They arn't backing out by the way.

That's where you're going to fail, immediately.

PLEASE read the other threads about emancipation.

The court will NOT emancipate you to go and live with someone else who is "helping" you pay for everything. Emancipation is about need - not wants.

1. Sponsored Links