Default Seatbelt Ticket While Wearing a Seatbelt

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Florida
    I was issued a seatbelt ticket while I was wearing my seatbelt. I had just gone thru drive thru at fast food at 12 noon , heading north a the main street with lunch time traffic, past by deputy sitting 40' perpendicular on the east side of traffic in his car. As I passed the deputy with 4 to five cars ahead of me and 4 to 5 cars to the left of me all heading in same direction, doing the speed limit, another deputy was standing in the emergency lane about 1/4 mile north of the first deputy sitting in car. He deputy standing on the side of the road is waving his hands, not pointing, as me and 10 other cars go by, i look in my rearview mirror then he starts pointing so i turn around and pull into the vacant lot where they are pulling over cars, i roll down my window and first thing he says is the deputy down the street said I wasnt wearing my seatbelt , i then proceeded by taking the right hand and pulling the shoulder belt off my chest and showing him i was wearing my belt and i always wear it. He then said I had just put in on when i turned around, so now he is calling me a liar and accusing me of something he could not possible see and did not happen. He then took my license and registration and came back with a ticket, i told him again i was wearing my seatbelt, he then said I had options of paying or going to court. Needless to says I was extremely pissed, at this pompous a****e. After he gave me the ticket and license registration back , the other deputy pulls up in his car, guess what not wearing his seatbelt. They are a bunch of hypocrites think there above the law. I use to have the utmost respect for law enforcement, I have friends whom are road patrol deputies, sergeants, detectives, under cover. After all this years I finally understand why people have ill feelings toward law enforcement officers. My question is what would happen if I refused to sign the citation since it was a bogus ticket? Now, I drive with my lap top camcorder recording me with my seatbelt. It is ridiculous that a law abiding citizen has to feel harassed and called a liar while these guys can write a ticket for anything they feel like. I had to take my time going to court and getting it thrown out. Also, can I sue the deputy for monetary costs? Can I file a complaint with the FDLE?

Default Re: Seatbelt Ticket While Wearing a Seatbelt

Refusing to sign a ticket doesn't make it go away.

You have no civil case against the deputy.

1. Sponsored Links