Post Carpool Double Line Violation, Crossing Over Double Yellow Line

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California city of el Monte so basically this is my first citation since I started driving in 2007. I was heading on the I-10 w when I was on the las lane waiting to enter the carpool lane w my brother on the passenger seat and well it was on dead stop and I needed to head to sylmar ca where I work and well I didn't see any cars in the carPool lane so I thought I should just go in and I looked at my mirrors I didn't see any cops and so I went and as I was turning a cop simualtaniously entered the lane I was in and well I got pulled over. And so I'm due in court on in September. So its my first time I know I'm guilty, there's no way for me to say other wise, or prove in that matter, so I jus would like to know some advise like what are my chances. Will I get a huge fine. What could I do, will it affect my record,?

Default Re: Carpool Double Line Violation, Crossing Over Double Yellow Line

Quote Quoting Bigboyjon16
    View Post
    My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California city of el Monte so basically this is my first citation since I started driving in 2007. I was heading on the I-10 w when I was on the las lane waiting to enter the carpool lane w my brother on the passenger seat and well it was on dead stop and I needed to head to sylmar ca where I work and well I didn't see any cars in the carPool lane so I thought I should just go in and I looked at my mirrors I didn't see any cops and so I went and as I was turning a cop simualtaniously entered the lane I was in and well I got pulled over. And so I'm due in court on in September. So its my first time I know I'm guilty, there's no way for me to say other wise, or prove in that matter, so I jus would like to know some advise like what are my chances. Will I get a huge fine. What could I do, will it affect my record,?
    Assuming the officer cited you for CVC 21655.8(a), the fine amount will be approximately $475, a conviction will result in 1 violation point being added to your driving record and will remain on there for 3 years from the date of the violaton. To avoid the point, you can take traffic school.

Has anyone faught this via written declaration and won?

Quote Quoting jyeh74
    View Post
    Has anyone faught this via written declaration and won?
    Wouldn't that depend on the circumstances of the case and what defense if any, was presented by the defendant?

1. Sponsored Links