Question Giving False Criminal Information at USCIS Citizenship Interview Under Oath

Fist of all ive been in U.S. for almost 12yrs now, and i have a Green Card , which will expire in 2013, i had an interview for citizenship today, and i didnt disclose an traffic incident that lead to the officer searching my car and found marihuana in my car, so my car got towed and i got released with traffic citation and citation for possesion, i ended up serving 1 day in jail and 2 yrs on probation, anyways i was single when it happened which was sometime in 2007, since then i got married got 2 kids and 3rd on the way, and at the time of filing the application for citizenship together with my wife i didnt want her to know about what happened with the weed and that i was in jail, nobody knows about it but me and God and one of my close frineds, so i ended up lying on the application that i had no convictions and from what i knew i didnt get arrested, cause when u get arrested usually u go to jail on the spot which didnt happen to me, so today at USCIS interview i ended up sticking to my application and what i put in there, at the end of the interview the officer told me that i did have conviction and i was arrested so i ended up lying under the oath, he asked why i lyed i told him that i didnt belive that i was arrested and that i didnt want anyone to know about the incedent, so he gave me the form N-14 to get the sheriffs and court records and mail it in.
    Now my question is since i ended up lying under the oath and not providing truthfull information on my application , after i submit the documents that they asked for what should i expect?? will it be citizenship denial, will i get in trouble or serious trouble for lying under the oath and on the application, and could it affect if i get denyed my Green Card renewal, could i get a fine or jail time or deported?? Also what should i do in this case, write a letter of appology with the documents that i will send in?? any advice and information is appreciated, Thanx !!!...

Default Re: Giving False Criminal Information at USCIS Citizenship Interview Under Oath

Get an attorney. Lying is generally more serious than the crime.

Default Re: Giving False Criminal Information at USCIS Citizenship Interview Under Oath

so u belive they will or could pursue a charge on me cause of it , or they could ignore it , cause the officer didnt say anything like that im in trouble or anything he just have me the form n-14 and said to mail in the reports for final decision.

He's saying that you may have transformed a, "Well, everybody makes mistakes" outcome to, "Pack your bags and buy a ticket 'home'".

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    He's saying that you may have transformed a, "Well, everybody makes mistakes" outcome to, "Pack your bags and buy a ticket 'home'".
    lol the thing is that US is my home , all my family is here, my father and my grandfather are buried on this land, my younger sister and my kids where born here, my mom and all my brothers and sisters and most cousins are citizens.

None of which matters, truthfully.

i could see me not getting citizinship, but is it really that bad? like i wouldnt be able to renew my green card or posibility of deportation??

To David, what ever happened in your case? I ve stepped into the same puddle unintentionally and was only told my citizenship case will be reviewed at this time.
    I just went on vacation so I am worried that I will not be let back in.
    Thank You

1. Sponsored Links