Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011

    Question Correcting False Birth Certificate and Getting to See My Child

    My question involves a child custody case from the State of: OHIO I recently found out through DNA that I have a 4 month old daughter I've never even seen. The mother put her husband's name on the birth certificate instead of mine and so far hasn't allowed me or my parents to see my dughter (this MAY be resolved soon). We'd like to have visitation and/or joint custody papers drawn up without a legal battlle in court we can't afford. Any advice/suggestions? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Somewhere near Canada

    Default Re: Correcting False Birth Certificate and Getting to See My Child

    She didn't really have a choice - her husband is the LEGAL father of the child.

    You need to file in court to disestablish his paternity and establish your own. As it stands, you have no rights to the child at all and she doesn't have to allow any contact at all.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 07:55 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 05:08 AM
  3. Correcting Birth Certificate From Texas
    By buzzyrae in forum Name Change
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 10:32 AM
  4. Correcting my Birth Certificate in Washington
    By whymelani in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 04:51 AM
  5. Correcting the last name on a birth certificate
    By ltonya in forum Paternity Law
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources