Default Replacement of a Green Card With a Dismissed Prostitution Case

I was arrested for prostitution but the charges were set aside. I don't remember the date or the outcome other than I think the judge said the charges were dismissed and the record would be sealed after six months and that I could get my fingerprints back.
    For the record, I was in the wrong place at the wrong time and pulled in on a sweep. I was a young writer who thought the inside story would be cute!
    I need to replace my green card, issued in 1981 and I'm terrified that I will be deported.
    I have since gained an IVY league masters and have a 25 year old son born here.What should i do? Can I find out if my record will come up?

Default Re: Replacement of a Green Card With a Dismissed Prostitution Case

It would be helpful if you knew the outcome of your case, as depending upon what you mean by "set aside" we could be talking about something the USCIS would still regard as a conviction. There are various points during the immigration process where you'll be asked about past charges, arrests and convictions, and it's important to answer those questions truthfully.

Based on what you've told us, I expect that you'll be able to proceed without any significant concern, but as I don't know the full facts (and you don't either) I can't provide a meaningful answer.

Default Re: Replacement of a Green Card With a Dismissed Prostitution Case

How could I go about obtaining the facts?
    I think the judge said my record would be expunged.

1. Sponsored Links