My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of:Missouri
I paid a deposit of $300 to a college for a dorm. They called me a few weeks later saying they overbooked and didnt have a dorm. I was put on a waiting list but they said they couldnt gurantee a dorm. I got an apartment and signed a lease there to make sure I could attend school when it started. They then called and said they had a dorm but I had already signed a lease for apartment. They said I couldnt get my dorm deposit back because I chose to live off campus. It doesnt seem fair because I had to get an apartment because they overbooked. Do you think theres any way I could get it back?