Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: I Got Hurt at an Amusment Park

What you do is you present your medical bills to the park. If they pay them, you are done. If they don't, you get a lawyer.

If you want more money above that amount, you need an attorney. You better hurry.... time is ticking and you will have to prove that any issues you have were the direct result of the incident.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    The big question here, and I'm not seeing a clear description from you, is whether you would have seen the sign and avoided tripping had you been looking where you were going. If you're walking backwards or looking through a camera and walk over a sign that you would have seen, but for the fact that you weren't looking, you have a much weaker case than if we're talking about some sort of hidden or partially concealed hazard.
    Quote Quoting Caring4U
    View Post
    I find it interesting that as a victim, there is a lot of negativity towards me. I was really asking for help...not looking at pointing the finger, telling me that I am at fault. Maybe some advice towards my end would be nice. You all don't need to play District Attorneys and trying to find the fault in me...how about more of a defensive approach?
    I think your tantrum is misplaced. It is more helpful to share relevant information omitted from your prior posts.

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    I think your tantrum is misplaced. It is more helpful to share relevant information omitted from your prior posts.
    Huh?...Whatever!

It would be nice to receive encouragement and helpful advice...not mocking, belittling, discouraging, etc. How does doing those things help me out? You don't know exactly what happen, only what I told you. You don't know the layout or if there have been any other incidents as a result of this plaque. Please don't assume I am guilty until proven innocent. Could it be possible, that I was in the right?

I am not a sue happy person! My son broke his arm while playing at an indoor playhouse business called, "Kid Plex." I didn't go after the business as a result, because I knew that my son was doing what most kids do...playing around and he fell and broken his arm...not the business' fault. In fact, I didn't have the business pay the medical bills. That is the type of person I am. I believe in owning up to my mistakes, but I firmly believe that this plaque should be moved back some, away from the sidewalk...and not just place a trash can near by, in an effort to ward off other trippers (which is what they have done).

I think cyjeff is right...I need to fetch a lawyer and I know they will take 30 or 40 percent...but that is what they get paid to do. If there is a permanent disability, than I want to go after them. I can tell you that putting any weight on my arm, hurts a lot and I don't want to deal with this for the rest of my life! No permanent injury...then my medical bills, time off from work, and a ruined vacation should be suffice...don't you think?

Quote Quoting Caring4U
    View Post
    I think cyjeff is right...I need to fetch a lawyer and I know they will take 30 or 40 percent...but that is what they get paid to do. If there is a permanent disability, than I want to go after them. I can tell you that putting any weight on my arm, hurts a lot and I don't want to deal with this for the rest of my life! No permanent injury...then my medical bills, time off from work, and a ruined vacation should be suffice...don't you think?
    I agree that you should go get a lawyer the way I told my customer who tripped and fell. You'll probably have to go through a whole bunch of them. It is not a case of how much your arm hurts, and how long, but how negligient the business is. Based on what you said, it does not appear to be so.

In my case, my customer tripped at a narrow point of an aisle, and in the years the business was around, no one else tripped there, and the aisle was just as narrow the whole time. The only difference was no one else was turned around talking to someone else while walking forward. The customer's attorney is arguing if the aisle is wider, then someone turning around talking while walking wouldn't have tripped.

In your case "how many other people tripped over that same donor sign"??

My point to my insurance is that a store's limited space have to accomodate merchandise, not people looking backwards talking while walking. Otherwise, I'll be paying rent for an empty store that no one can trip over. It's like my telling my girl she shouldn't be walking down the street texting while walking, or she'll trip over some crack in the sidewalk. Her attitude is if there is a crack in the sidewalk, it's not her fault and it should already be fixed.

More complaints, still no details. Go figure.

The "oh you poor dear I'm so sorry of course everyone else is wrong and you alone are right" department is on the 8th floor, second door to the right as you get off the elevator.

Consult a personal injury attorney.

IF a protusion is not "open and obvious" as to make no mistake it is there, liability may be imputed to the zoo, yes.

A zoo is unique as a business. It must assume that it's customers are/will be walking WHILE looking at the animals.

Liability may also be unique, or in a particular case, assignable by %, comparitive or contributory negligence, whatever your state recognizes.

You may be 40% liable, the zoo 60%. I am just posting as an example, as the verdict can go 3 ways, a dismissal, a verdict for you what is plead for, or a reduced amount, or a verdict assigning liability.

"General" premises liability laws state a "business is not an insurer of a business invitee's safety". However, that is not absolute in nature.

Quote Quoting BOR
    View Post
    Consult a personal injury attorney.

IF a protusion is not "open and obvious" as to make no mistake it is there, liability may be imputed to the zoo, yes.

A zoo is unique as a business. It must assume that it's customers are/will be walking WHILE looking at the animals.

Liability may also be unique, or in a particular case, assignable by %, comparitive or contributory negligence, whatever your state recognizes.

You may be 40% liable, the zoo 60%. I am just posting as an example, as the verdict can go 3 ways, a dismissal, a verdict for you what is plead for, or a reduced amount, or a verdict assigning liability.

"General" premises liability laws state a "business is not an insurer of a business invitee's safety". However, that is not absolute in nature.
    Finally! Great response! I thank you very kindly BOR for your comments. Where others have just accused and attack, you have brought some great speculation. Nothing wrong with speculating. I like what you said, "It must assume that it's customers are/will be walking WHILE looking at the animals." Good stuff!

Anyways, there is no point to attack or accuse...just throw out possibilities, suggestions, speculation. If they are good, then they are good. I don't want to just give up. I would think that is how most of you in this law forum would respond to most people, no matter what the situation is..."you have no case," "you are the one that is at fault," "you are the issue," "you are the problem," "deal with it," etc. etc. etc.

Quote Quoting Caring4U
    View Post
    Finally! Great response!.
    that's really funny. Finally, when you here what you want to hear and only what you want to hear, the response is a great one.

what a joke.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    that's really funny. Finally, when you here what you want to hear and only what you want to hear, the response is a great one.

what a joke.

My response was better than this crapola:

......The "oh you poor dear I'm so sorry of course everyone else is wrong and you alone are right" department is on the 8th floor, second door to the right as you get off the elevator.....

1. Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast