Default Survey Shows Neighbor's Fence is On My Land

My question involves personal property located in the State of: missouri
    I had my property surveyed my neighbor to the west has built a fence on my side of the property about 15 feet now i have tried to talk to him and he does not want to Iam going to have a lawyer look at it after i get it paid for he did not tell me he was going to put the fence up and he himself had not had his property survayed can i tear down this fence

Default Re: Survey Shows Neighbor's Fence is On My Land

The history here is what? How did the mistake as to the boundary line arise? How did you come to know about it - perhaps only from the survey? When was the fence installed? Was there some other fence or barrier (natural or otherwise) at that location prior to the installation of the current fence? How have you and prior owners treated the area at issue - as if it was yours, theirs, joint....

Default Re: Survey Shows Neighbor's Fence is On My Land

i bought the house 2 years ago the house used to belong to my wifes grandparents i was going to build a fence myself but i was not going to build it on the property line a couple of feet back from it so i got it surveyed now there is a fence that has been there since the early 1900's from the old school house and thats where he built the fence now the law says he needed to give me written permission to build it and had to wait 30 days for me to agree to it he never did.My neighbor to the north and to the south said it was my property and the survey now says it the deed says i go back that far and i have been to the court house and did reserch too.

1. Sponsored Links