Default Canadian with Very Old Unpaid Speeding Ticket in Washington State

My question involves a speeding ticket from the State of: Washington

I received a speeding ticket somewhere near the Grand Coulee Dam back in 1996. I don't remember the circumstances much other than I was accused of going over the limit.

I returned to my home with the ticket, and my car was robbed a few days later. They took everything in the glove compartment, including the ticket.

I called every agency I could think of (State, County, DOT) at the time, but no one was able to help and there weren't a lot of online resources at the time. After a few weeks and no further communication (bench warrants, pay reminders), I just forgot about it.

I am driving down to the states for the first time since then and I am concerned that this will come up. Is there a way I can find out if there are any outstanding notes on my license or plates? Is there an online tool that I can use to pay the ticket?

Default Re: Canadian with Very Old Unpaid Speeding Ticket in Washington State

to the online tool to pay:

since you do not know who issued the ticket, no way to know. You might try researching whatever county this involves online. Unless you know exactly where you received the ticket, you might check any county that might be the county you received the ticket in.

You might be able to check with the state of Washington as to looking to see if there is a warrant for your arrest. Something such as that often cannot be corrected without actually reporting to the court involved. I would call the Washington state police and ask there as well as researching county websites previously mentioned.

I am not familiar with Canadian border crossings and what they might have available to them but if there is a warrant for your arrest, it might be discovered at the border.

I have traveled to the US as a passenger a couple of times and the US Border Guards haven't mentioned anything in the last 15 years. However, I have never driven my own car across the line in that time.

I have tried calling the county where the ticket was issued (pretty sure it was Grant County), but they claim to not be able to look up the ticket by my license number. They want the ticket number, despite the fact that I have told them that the ticket was stolen.

I'll try the WSP next, see if they have anything.

a ticket is issued to a person so if anything, they would look it up by your name, not your plate number.

1. Sponsored Links