Default Getting in Trouble During Pretrial Release

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas

I am on pretrial release for Intoxicated Assault with a vehicle (felony) in Texas. I screwed up and got caught stealing (misdemeanor) and arrested in Oklahoma. I know I am suppose to tell them if I have been recently arrested or in any trouble but what are the chances they will not find out? If I tell them I'm sure I'll go back to jail, if I don't and they catch me I'll still go back to jail. Even though it's considered a minor crime it still breaks my pretrail bond agreement. Any advice?

Default Re: Pretrail Release and then Getting into Trouble Again

The system to find new arrests is linked up nationwide. I can find your arrest history from New York to California by putting your info in. They will find out. Get ready to hire a lawyer.

I worked in pretrial services for 12 years before becoming a bail bond agent. Trust me, it's not hard to find out these things.

So the system just keeps checking people's name continuously throughout the whole process? Seems unlikely....IMO.

You have an active case! Which means that your name gets monitored for any illegal acts. IMO, it's very likely. That's the whole point to monitor you for any compliance or in this case, a lack thereof.

That's not accurate. There's no central database of every pending charge throughout the entire nation that can be reliably checked by a court to see if there has been a violation of probation or pretrial release. Which is not to say that lying is a good idea - these things do tend to catch up with you.

You should discuss your situation with the lawyer who is representing you for the Texas criminal charges, and follow your lawyer's advice.

You sure? When I hit LEADS, I find almost any significant arrest that you get. even without the final disposition. All I need is the arrest, not the conviction for the violation. If the state where the offense updates the arrest history, I'll find through your SID or your FBI number. In my experiences the court and the State's Attorney office will have your background run every time you come to court.

Default Re: Getting in Trouble During Pretrial Release

I have no doubt that I should and will tell my lawyer I was just curious as to how it worked on finding out criminal charges in another state. I appriciate your response and quickness. Thank you.

1. Sponsored Links