Default What is the Punishment for Smoking Marijuana

My question involves criminal law for the state of: ohio
    me and my 3 friends were sitting in my car in my 1 friends driveway,we were smoking some pot when cops pulled up and "kindly"arested us,i am 16 and my quistions are about the following.....
    -my license was suspended in january due to some traffic tickets, the suspension was 1 year befor this insedent, what is the MAXIMUM punishment for this?
    -after having a search dog gently jump on my car and scratch the heck out of my paintjob they searched my car, they found a boubbler,and 1 25mg adderal,it is to my knowledge that an adderal possetion is a felony,what is the MAXIMUM punishment on a minor for this offense
    -ALSO MY BOWL WAS FOUND IN MY FRIENDS POCKET,i dont want him to get the paraphenelia charge but will the outcome be different if i claim ownership of the bowl and the bubbler?-so what am i looking at as far as punishment for all of these charges (also my mom is hireing me a good attourney)

Default Re: What is the Punishment for Smoking Marijuana

Dear WorriedKid,

It leaves me slightly agitated that you have access to the internet, the money to hire a good attorney, money to but illegal adderall, weed, bongs and all other kinds of paraphenelia, and come to a site with skilled professionals inquiring about the maximum time you could do for your irresponsibility. LOOK IT UP!!!

At 16, you need to focus on school. Your spelling is atrocious. I am not trying to be mean or a smart ass adult. But seriously, at your age, it concerns me that you would be doing the things that you are doing to even have to ask questions about drugs and convictions. Stay a kid as long as you are legally classified as one. Life is hard enough without a criminal background!

But just to throw you a bone, your criminal background can influence the judge. If you have been arrested before, or convicted previously, it weighs on the court's decision on this offense. If you are a first time offender, the judge may be willing to give you juvenile probation and substance abuse counseling.

@viol8te
    i am just truley worried about these offences, i would just like to know what i am looking at as far jail time (hopefully not),when i looked these up i got a bunch of different answers,and only few for ohio, i just would like to know what to expect realisticly

Post the Ohio Revised Code #'s you were charged under. Possession of under 100 grams of pot, at least under state law, is a Minor Misdemeanor, no jail time, but a city can have a higher classification above MM.

Cities however, in any state, can not enact felonies. I do not want to look up the drug cited etc., on the controlled schedule, so post the statute being charged with.

The big thing is if the charges are bought in juvenile or adult court. If you can be charge in juvenile then maybe all the charges can be sealed once your 18 or 21. Most likely the higher charges can be plead down and you will be let off with probation,fines,drug classes and drug testing. Drug charges can also affect your license, going to college and owning a firearm.

1. Sponsored Links