Default Will a CWAF (Continued Without a Finding) Disposition Show Up on a Background Check

My question involves criminal records for the state of: MA

In in January 2006 i was given a summons to court for smoking weed. Got a CWAF 6 months and some community service.

After first probation sentence was completed in October 2006 got a summons for underage drinking and got another CWAF 6 months with community service.

Last, on Halloween of 2009 now 23 years old was walking down the street from one party to the next, cops jumped from out of the woods and arrested me for open container. I happened to have 2 ecstasy pills in my pocket and the fuzzies obviously found them. This was a felony in MA even though it was just personal consumption. I got another CWAF 6 months and a small fine I didn't have to report to a probation officer or get drug tested.

I know that I can answer "no" when asked if I have ever been convicted of a felony on job applications but; will any of this appear on my record when employers are running criminal background checks on me? The only thing I am really concerned about is the class B possession. If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Will a CWAF (Continued Without a Finding) Disposition Show Up on a Background Che

The answer to "what will show up on a background check" depends upon the nature and extent of the background check. Nobody can promise you that your dismissals won't show up.

Further, although I haven't looked into the specifics of your state, the typical result of a dismissal following a deferred sentence is that the original charge appears on your criminal record along with the disposition of dismissal.

Default Re: Will a CWAF (Continued Without a Finding) Disposition Show Up on a Background Che

Well lets say it did show up. What would it say? I don't really know how these checks work. What would come up for the class B? And could it have a description of what happened?

Typically a record will show the initial charge, plea charge if different, and disposition.

I just got hired for a job last week and I am supposed to start working on Monday. On the job application I just answered no when it asked if I had ever been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony. The agency who I am working for said that my background check is till in progress. If those things show up do you think they will choose to terminate me? I know that all employers are different but just generally speaking. I am really nervous about this situation so any opinion would be greatly appreciated. Also, how long does it generally take to run background checks? The agency took a photo copy of my drivers license and passport the Monday before last.

I just checked out the website for the staffing agency who hired me and their background request form says that criminal public records relating to my application may be examined. Do CWOFs show up on public records? I thought that that the public can only access convictions but I could be wrong.

1. Sponsored Links