Default Emancipation Laws

Hi I am 15 years old and just started living with my mom in Florida about a year and a half ago. I used to live with my dad and his new wife who hates me and tells me that all the time. We used to live in Mound City, MO. I have no family in Mound City but my friend's mom would take me in but i dont have permission from my parents. My dad recently moved to Pennsylvania and I cant stand living with him because of his wife and 2 kids are a family and i feel i dont belong. My mom has a boyfriend who hates me and would do anything to get rid of me and we dont get along at ALL. I feel I don't belong there either. What can i do to try to live in Mound City where i feel save and at home???

Default Re: Emancipation Laws

Quote Quoting Bella15
    Hi I am 15 years old and just started living with my mom in Florida about a year and a half ago. I used to live with my dad and his new wife who hates me and tells me that all the time. We used to live in Mound City, MO. I have no family in Mound City but my friend's mom would take me in but i dont have permission from my parents. My dad recently moved to Pennsylvania and I cant stand living with him because of his wife and 2 kids are a family and i feel i dont belong. My mom has a boyfriend who hates me and would do anything to get rid of me and we dont get along at ALL. I feel I don't belong there either. What can i do to try to live in Mound City where i feel save and at home???

My response:

Basically, nothing. You don't sound like you have a paying job, and don't sound like you can take care of yourself on your own - - all, and more, requirements of being Emancipated. So, until your parents agree, you're stuck right where you are.

IAAL

Default Re: Emancipation Laws

Under Florida law, you can't emancipate until you are sixteen and your parents must initiate the emancipation proceedings.

1. Sponsored Links