Default Has Anyone Messed Up Twice on Probation and Been Able to Finish

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas
    I am 24yo female college student about to get off Dallas county probation for a possesion charge of marijuana in August 2011. Back in January, I was aresseted for my first DWI in denton county. In the whole means I decided to ride my bike everywhere. Instead of Dallas county revoking my probation, they insisted me to have a Interlock home system set in my house. Which is a breathlyzer that measures alcohol content 3 times a day. Ive had it for a month and its really helped my with my obssesive drinking. However a few days ago I had two glasses of wine and I failed. I should of learned my lesson then.. Next night I failed also.. two beers one shot... ugh.. I didnt allow myslef enough time for my body to process the alcohol content... I am deeply upset and Im curious if anyone has messed up twice on probation and was still was able to finish???? is there any hope???
    Please provide

Default Re: Probation Help Has Anyone Messed Up Twice on Probation and Been Able to Finish

That is a difficult question to answer. I have had defendant's on paper for 4 years on a two year order. But, it depends on the judge and so many other factors. It really works against you to be almost done with probation and then have this come up as an issue. It could give the court the impression that you haven't tried to remain in compliance.

Default Re: Probation Help Has Anyone Messed Up Twice on Probation and Been Able to Finish

I deeply appreciate your response; thank you so much! It really helps to talk to people who can relate in some way and give me knowledge.

I do what I can. You may want to really examine your life choices. Who you hang out with and and so on. You're 24 and your choices right now can really effect you in the very near future.

This isn't too related to your question, but I'm curious: what stops you from having someone else blow for you?

Default Re: Has Anyone Messed Up Twice on Probation and Been Able to Finish

Quote Quoting Nikkiglasschroeder
    View Post
    My question involves criminal law for the state of: Texas
    I am 24yo female college student about to get off Dallas county probation for a possesion charge of marijuana in August 2011. Back in January, I was aresseted for my first DWI in denton county. In the whole means I decided to ride my bike everywhere. Instead of Dallas county revoking my probation, they insisted me to have a Interlock home system set in my house. Which is a breathlyzer that measures alcohol content 3 times a day. Ive had it for a month and its really helped my with my obssesive drinking. However a few days ago I had two glasses of wine and I failed. I should of learned my lesson then.. Next night I failed also.. two beers one shot... ugh.. I didnt allow myslef enough time for my body to process the alcohol content... I am deeply upset and Im curious if anyone has messed up twice on probation and was still was able to finish???? is there any hope???
    Please provide
    I can't help you with your question, but I can only share that I'm in the same boat, except I've just been told I have to get the home system within fourteen days. My case isn't even as a result of DWI, just bad behavior while drinking. I'm scared to death because drinking has become a way of life for me as a result of some family circumstances. I hope you'll share your outcome on here so others will have an idea of the consequences. I'm glad to hear the unit has been an incentive to you. That's how I've been thinking about it. I obviously have to be forced to stop. Best of luck to you.

TBO, as per your question, the system I'm supposed to use actually takes a picture of who is blowing into it at the time of the test.

Default Re: Has Anyone Messed Up Twice on Probation and Been Able to Finish

I'm not sure about the home system but I have the car device and it takes a picture and it is very difficult to do if you don't know how to blow right. Mine requires you to blow regularly until a certain beep then hum and blow at the same time. It is actually quite difficult. I've had it for 16 months and my girlfriend still has trouble with it when she drives.

I was also told that it just depends on where you get it installed at. I know in Texas they are pushing for cameras at most places but Oklahoma has no cameras but are trying to move towards that. If you are having someone blow for you, there is probably an issue with your drinking.

1. Sponsored Links