Default Will We Be Evicted

My question involves an eviction in the state of: MASS

hi I will try to make this as short as possible

Currently we are in a home that is in the stages of foreclosure, which was confirmed by landlord. We rent through a real estate/management company, who works with our landlord who is overseas permanetly. When we kept getting mail regarding foreclosure prevention we grew concerned and contacted a lawyer and he reviewed the local countys registry of deeds and confirmed the foreclosure process as well. We have paid rent faithfully until now. Now we know it takes several months for a foreclosure to go through but that thought is always in the back of my mind. We feared that we wouldnt be able to find a rental (they are scarce this time of year and trying to find a reasonable one is hard in this area). The real estate/management has told us in coversations "she has no money to fix the electrial problems" " she has no money to put in new carpets". Our carpets are horrible, they were bad when we moved in and have worsened, when you spill something on them even if you scrub forever the stain wont come up, they are the orginial pink carpet. He wont address the fact where the circuit breaker blows once a week, you cant have the dryer and stove on at the same time or the light, tv, and stove on at the same time. When I called on the day our rent was due about withholding it for us to be able to afford to move somewhere else, he repeated "this would be the last nail in her coffin" several times. Then threatened to sue and evict us over the phone. There is also tons of paint peeling in my 2 year old sons bedroom, which he adressed to us in the beginning they do not have a deleaded certificate. And their is mold in my bedroom.We found a rental property to move into on July 1st and gave a deposit ( the money for Junes rent)... I called the management company this morning telling them the same thing and said use our security deposit as last months rent and I will send the $50 difference and check and he said no you cant do that and said "this will be a problem" and thats where our conversation was left off. We will be out in 25 days in the mean time can he evict us in that short of time? We dont want an eviction on our credit report and we were trying to work with him but its impossible. Any advice? With the stress of the foreclosure I felt we shouldnt have to pay because we were lucky to find a place before the foreclosure go too close.

Default Re: Will We Be Evicted

Not too mention he said she has "NO money to fix these repairs, and she owes him $" Therefore what if something broke and needed fixing !

Default Re: Will We Be Evicted

What are you trying to do?

If you want to stay in after foreclosure, you need to be current with your rent to avail yourself of the right to continue your tenancy under the Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act.

I suggest looking for adequate housing.

1. Sponsored Links