Default Can I Get a Pardon After Deportation for an Aggravated Felony

I got convicted on 2 cherges and the second was bail jumping which is considered an aggravated felony by immigration law. I was deported a few months ago, can i get a pardon which everybody that has to do with ins talks about but i have no idea what it is. and theyr not talking about 212 c but some kinda pardon through the embassy or ins general attorney or something can anybody help? whether i can come back before my 10 year ban? or do i have to wait and then apply for reentry and see if i get approved or not?

Default Re: Can I Get a Pardon After Deportation for an Aggravated Felony

Whether you can get a pardon or not depends on what state you got your convictions in. A lot of states won't even consider pardons like this. All the arm chair lawyers think they can just get an expungement or pardon as a matter of course. Even with unconditional pardons, you've still got the ten year ban, you would still need a waiver of that (or wait out) before they'll even consider whether they would want to issue any sort of visa to a felon. Your only hope is to find a good immigration lawyer, because it's going to be a tough road.

i was convicted on a federal court but how do i go about gettin a waiver on the 10 year ban and trying to reenter the us

You apply for the waiver and see what happens.

Your chances of a federal pardon on this sort of thing are practically nonexistent. What were the other charges?
    Why should a criminal who won't show up for court even be considered to be allowed to enter?

the underlying charge was a moral turpitude crime but the bail jumping was considered an aggravated felony other was transporting stolen vehicles, and about the other part is hardship i was raised in the states since a little kid and never left the country and that criminal was 19-20 yrs old at the time of crime not very mature or grown we all make mistakes esp when were kids with bad influence around us

1. Sponsored Links