Default Legal Re-Entry to the U.S. After Deportation

My husband was deported to Mexico almost 10 years ago after being convicted of an aggravated felony which he was serving probation for. He was in the US legally at that time and has not attempted to re-enter illegally since the deportation in 2002.

I am curious at the likelihood of him at least being able to get a visa or residency back. The conviction was about 13 years ago and he has never been in trouble since while he was in the US or the past 10 years in Mexico.

Our children and I are American citizens and are really tired of living in Mexico with the current violent situations.

Any advice is welcome and appreciated.

Default Re: Legal Re-Entry to the U.S. After Deportation

I'm sorry, I cannot see your husband being allowed back into the US. An aggravated felony generally triggers a life-time ban.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    I'm sorry, .
    Are you really sorry about that? I am not. Just because a felon has kids with a US citizen doesn't mean they should get to come into this country.

Leave Mexico's problems for Mexico to deal with. We've got enough of our own problems to deal with without having to import theirs.

Quote Quoting Harriet
    View Post
    Are you really sorry about that? I am not. Just because a felon has kids with a US citizen doesn't mean they should get to come into this country.

Leave Mexico's problems for Mexico to deal with. We've got enough of our own problems to deal with without having to import theirs.

I'm sorry a child is likely going to end up being devastated when Mom returns to the US without the child's father.

But hey - I'm more about the kids than the parents.

I appreciate the constructive response. He was told when we elected the voluntary deportation that he had a 20 year ban but we should look into it after 10 years.

As for the other post you don't even deserve my time of a response but I feel truly sorry for you. Someone must have done something bad to you for you to have so much hatred. I suppose you have never made a mistake in your life.

Any other useful suggestions are happily welcomed.

Quote Quoting Harriet
    View Post

Awesome.

Another brainless response totally without any significant fact or legal advice.

Is this really what you want to contribute to the site?

Quote Quoting cyjeff
    View Post
    Awesome.

Another brainless response totally without any significant fact or legal advice.

Is this really what you want to contribute to the site?

It's been banned

1. Sponsored Links