Default Ex Pays Child Support but Refuses to Pay % of Daycare As Stated in Divorce Decree

My question involves child support in the State of: Nebraska

After our recent divorce my ex was required to pay child support and 30% of daycare expenses 14 days after he is notified of them. He refused to pay April and says he will not pay May. He says that since he is not working that him paying the child support is good enough. He refuses to get a job and knows that it would cost me more to get a lawyer and take him to court. The child support people can go after him if he won't pay but can't do anything about the daycare expenses. What can I do? Can I file something on my own in court without getting a lawyer? Help!!

Default Re: Ex Pays Child Support but Refuses to Pay % of Daycare As Stated in Divorce Decree

Yes, you can!

Nebraska is quite friendly to pro-se litigants; this page can, I believe, help you immensely

(You need an "order to show cause"). Read the website, and learn how it all works.

Default Re: Ex Pays Child Support but Refuses to Pay % of Daycare As Stated in Divorce Decree

Go back to court on your own, advise the judge that you are representing yourself, ask that that Section 7 (which is the daycare fees) to be added into the child support award so that he no longer has any choices. He will also get into trouble for contempt of court, as he is not following Court Orders. Ask the daycare to send him his portion of the bill, this might also help.

Quote Quoting Richelle71
    View Post
    Go back to court on your own, advise the judge that you are representing yourself, ask that that Section 7 (which is the daycare fees) to be added into the child support award so that he no longer has any choices. He will also get into trouble for contempt of court, as he is not following Court Orders. Ask the daycare to send him his portion of the bill, this might also help.

The daycare provider is not party to the case.

Richelle - do you know Nebraska's laws as they apply to our OP?

Not as well as you do. My mistake. my apology.

Richelle, I get that you're trying to help - and that's great, it really is! We need more responders who can help our posters! - but if you don't actually know the law as it applies specifically to the OP, you can actually do more harm than good.

So it's probably best to not post unless you're absolutely sure you have the right information.

Quote Quoting Dogmatique
    View Post
    Richelle, I get that you're trying to help - and that's great, it really is! We need more responders who can help our posters! - but if you don't actually know the law as it applies specifically to the OP, you can actually do more harm than good.

So it's probably best to not post unless you're absolutely sure you have the right information.
    Ouch!!!!

You could cut and paste this reply to 99% of the posted replies. People learn by being corrected and I think most OP want the answers but would be happy to get a starting point to research.

OP realize that the replies are not from lawyers, so the replies are opinion and advice, not the law.

1. Sponsored Links