Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default How to Stop Additional Child Support Charges After Child Turns 18

My question involves child support in the State of: Nevada. I am currently being billed aprx 18% of my pay every month for one child. So, every 2 weeks when I get a paycheck my pay is garnished. I am also paying towards arrears accrual of penalties and interest, which has now come to about 75% more then I even ever owed on the child support. So I'm in quite a bind. The penalties and arrears only pile up each month more and more. I need to know at 18 will I automatically stop being garnished the current monthly amounts. In other words, will all my payments start to go automatically towards the arrears and interest and other amounts so that I can get those paid off,(eventually in about 5 lifetimes ) or do I need to let the court know that my child has reached majority? Before it even gets cancelled. It is bad enough that there is no statue of limitations on the arrears in NV but even worse if I am still billed for current child support past 18.

Default Re: Child Support Nv 18 Years Old, Current Arrears of $20000

You will need to petition the court based on your child "aging out", so to speak (assuming the order actually allows for that).

However, be prepared for the amount to remain the same - you'll just end up paying off the arrears faster.

These things never happen automatically - you've got to get the ball rolling yourself.

The divorce order states support continues until child reaches age of majority 18 or emancipation. So which courts do I petition? The county the divorce was in? The child support office that is yet in another county? I am out of State and so is the mother and child.

And how do you petition a court hopefully this won't take a lawyer. How do you petition the child support office? There is a vm system there only no live person.

Start reading here

I am reading but no answer nothing about petitions or motions to cancel a child support order there.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

If the child support office is enforcing the order, contact them.

That is bull. There is no way for me to contact them. Or any case worker or live person. It is all a centralized phone system that is all the welfare services and child support services all rolled into one. It is all automated. And computerized and there is no way to talk to a live person or 'case worker'. So its not as simple as you are acting. If it was that simple I wouldn't have taken the trouble to post anything on here. So don't be patronizing and answer questions with no helpful responses at all.

Officially across the country from where I've been all my life

Wait a minute love bucket. Is that an attitude I'm sensing here?

Quote Quoting ker
    View Post
    That is bull. There is no way for me to contact them. Or any case worker or live person. It is all a centralized phone system that is all the welfare services and child support services all rolled into one. It is all automated. And computerized and there is no way to talk to a live person or 'case worker'. So its not as simple as you are acting. If it was that simple I wouldn't have taken the trouble to post anything on here. So don't be patronizing and answer questions with no helpful responses at all.

You may wish to check your attitude at the door.

Exclamation Re: Child Support Nv 18 Years Old, Current Arrears of $20000

I have read both of the above named form users 'answers' as well as many of their unhelpful responses to other members and I can see that they have a history of answering questions they have no reason to feel they are qualified to do. I also read through their rude quips to other members and their self arrogant assertions so I suggest it is the both of you who can check your rude attitudes. Why don't the two you be friends? You'd make a perfect pair. I am asking for genuine help here and not idiotic assertions of rights and wrongs from people who are too narrow minded to have ever had an inkling of intelligent thought. Picking fights with other members when they doubt your trite answers is not helpful. This is a forum and I am not here to be criticized, don't post on my thread. No ones forcing you too. In fact why don't you just keep 'mum' and you can take your untruthfulness somewhere else but not on this page preferably. Go and pretend your being helpful and that you're smart about such things somewhere else.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast