Default What Are Rights of 18 Year Old Biological Father of Child Had with 16 Year Old

My question involves paternity law for the State of: TEXAS
    WHAT ARE LEGAL RIGHTS OF 18 YEAR OLD BIOLOGICAL FATHER OF CHILD HAD WITH 16 YEAR OLD? BOTH PARENTS LIVE SEPARATELY IN THE FATHER'S PARENTS HOUSE WITH CHILD. FATHER'S NAME IS ON BIRTH CERTIFICATE. IF THE MOTHER IS ASKED TO MOVE OUT, CAN FATHER KEEP THE CHILD WITH HIM IN HIS PARENT'S HOUSE? THE MOTHER OF CHILD MAY BE MADE TO MOVE BACK INTO HER PARENT'S HOME BY HER MOTHER. THE BABY'S MOTHER DOESN'T TAKE CARE OF BABY. SHE IS ALWAYS STAYING OUT ALL NIGHT WITH HER BOYFRIEND AND CAN'T BE CONTACTED IF THERE WAS AN EMERGENCY. THE FATHER OF CHILD IS ALWAYS ACCESSIBLE AND COMES AS SOON AS CALLED. EVEN WHEN THE BABY'S MOTHER IS AT HOME, SHE IS SLEEPING AND BABY IS TAKEN CARE OF BY GRANDMOTHER. CAN THE BABY'S FATHER ASK BABY'S MOTHER TO MOVE OUT AND KEEP BABY WITH HIM?

Default Re: What Are Rights of 18 Year Old Biological Father of Child Had with 16 Year Old

Unless there is a court order giving Dad some sort of custody...nope. The Mother is the child's only legal custodian at this point. Dad needs to file for custody.

Dad should be very wary of saying that Mom "always" does something - because that's obviously a bit of an exaggeration. (Nobody "always" does anything other than breathe, along with other bodily functions ).

How old is the baby?

Default Re: What Are Rights of 18 Year Old Biological Father of Child Had with 16 Year Old

The baby is 8 months old.

Has dad proven legal paternity of the child?

Oh... and the girl's mom has a 100% right to bring her minor daughter home from the house of the man that impregnated her.

1. Sponsored Links