Default Falsely Accused for an Assault with a Gun

Ok where to begin... My husband and I went to work on our house and noticed that items were missing that belonged to my inlaws. Also a few of our things were gone. We knew my inlaws came and got the stuff so I ask my mother in law about it and I simply said that if the items belonging to us were not returned I would contact the authorities. She called cursing and yelling I told her she had no right coming into our home without asking. Didn't want to hear anymore of it so I hung up. It was getting late so we started to leave out and they were parked in our drive blocking us from exiting. My husbands mother father and brother were walking up the road yelling at us saying they weren't going to let us pass. My husband got out and told them to move they began yelling and cursing at each other my brother in law swung at my husband they began to roll around on the ground fighting. My inlaws approached me threatening to kick my ass as the said it. I told them I didn't want to fight. My father in law said to hit him and so he could fight me as did my mother in law. We yelled and cursed back and forth for a bit. I finally convinced my husband to get back into the truck so we could leave. Anyhow we had to drive around the cattle guard and there were more family members down there with vehicles waiting to assist I take it. We got home contacted the police they came to our home so we could file a complaint. They began asking me about my pistol. I was confused I ask why they wanted to know about it they told me that my inlaws filed a report stating that I pointed a gun at them. They described my gun to a T. The gun was in my closet. I told the officer that I never carry it in my truck and that I didnt point a gun at no one. They took my gun said they needed it for evidence. They knew about my gun because my husband showed it to them it was my anniversary gift. Note they dont like me because we had been trying to get our land in our name because it was in my brother in laws name they cheated us out of 3 acres and words were exchanged then I told them they weren't allowed to see my kids anymore. Anyhow I think they are acting out because of those things. I dont know what to do its our word against theirs. Do I need a lawyer at this point? It has been turned in to the D
    .A.
    please help

Default Re: Falsely Accused for an Assault with a Gun

What statue were you cited for and what is the min/max penalites?

I'm confused. You originally stated that you spoke with your mother-in-law over the phone about the missing items. When and how did the face to face contact come about?

I would advise getting an attorney. Being accused of raising a pistol at someone is a bad situation and needs professional legal guidance. Good Luck

I text her those things then she called me threatening and going on saying it was her right to break in because my father in law needed the stuff. How we got to the face to face situation is when my husband and I were leaving our home they had parked in our drive and were walking up the road blocking us from leaving. Hope that explains it.

Thank you I appreciate you taking the time out to help

Yep, talk to no one else but your lawyer. You did a few things that you probably wish you could take back now. The allegations are going to be difficult to disprove and you might have wanted to just stay in the house instead of doing everthing else.

1. Sponsored Links