Exclamation Payoff Amount Not Included on Work Order or Final Sales Contract

The payoff amount of my trade was not included on the work orders or the final sale contract. The trade was traded to the dealer and the trade was payed off, I have a pay off agreement which states this. This is the only place my pay off actually appears. The dealer has already sold the trade.

The sales contract on the new car has been signed and the balance payed in full and I have the new car. They recently found their error and are wanting to re do the contract with the payoff amount included this time. I do not have the plates or title yet, its only been a couple days since I signed.

What are my legal rights in the situation? Do I have to go in and re do the paper work and pay the missing pay off amount? Will this go to court if I don't? If so do I have a case to stand on?

Default Re: Payoff Amount Not Included on Work Order or Final Sales Contract

If I can try to translate that, you traded in your vehicle and agreed to a trade-in price. For some reason the amount you still owed on the vehicle was not included in the contract for the calculation of the purchase price of your new vehicle. (Were you aware of that omission?) As a result the dealer has paid off the trade-in and wants you to reimburse it for what it paid to your lender?

Default Re: Payoff Amount Not Included on Work Order or Final Sales Contract

Well I ended up calling 5 different layers and they all basically said since there was a meeting of the minds before the final contract that if this went to court the contract would be corrected to reflect the meeting of the minds.

1. Sponsored Links