Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011

    Default Been Illegal Since I Was 6

    To start with, I was in the country since I was 6, and now I'm 29.
    I have SSN, High school, even college degree. MY Driver License is expried soon, and I've been told I cannot renew it. I've been in the country and paying taxes regularly.

    I never even have slightest memory about my home country.

    Is there anything I can do?

    Many thanks,

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Behind a Desk

    Default Re: Been Illegal Since I Was 6

    If you originally entered the U.S. legally and are married to a U.S. citizen, you can petition to adjust your status based on marriage. If you entered unlawfully and/or aren't married to a citizen, the legal environment is bleak - you can consult an immigration lawyer about your options, but I'm not expecting you'll get much good news.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Marriage: History of Illegal Entry and Illegal Work in the U.S.
    By asking4advice in forum Visas for Business, Tourism and Family
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2009, 01:21 PM
  2. Sex Offenses: Is It Illegal?
    By garyj38wak112 in forum Criminal Charges
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-02-2008, 07:20 PM
  3. On Becoming Illegal
    By Betty3 in forum Banter
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 02:07 PM
  4. Is It Illegal To Run Away
    By 17yrold in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-26-2007, 09:18 PM
  5. Unlawful Presence and Overstay: Am I an illegal
    By purpleabyss in forum Immigration Issues
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources