Red face How to Get a Visa After Deportation and Illegal Reentry

Hello, my boyfriend is illegal, he was deported 10 years ago, and he reentered illegal 8 years ago, and he had some problems with tickets, speeding, crossing red lights and etc... because of this his was in jail for 3 weeks, but now he really respect the traffic rules, and he has 2 works here, can he apply for any kind of visa? Or he needs go back to Mexico and apply? And what kind of visa should he apply? he works in 2 restaurants. we talked to some lawyers but nobody wanted take his case and we are looking for immigration lawyers for personal matter but its not easy find professionals in this area, so could you help me please? I need an information that give clear idea how to start to help my boyfriend, so when he be legal we can marry! Thanks!

Default Re: How to Get a Visa After Deportation and Illegal Reentry

Is there an immigration hold on him right now? His unlawful reentry triggers a lifetime bar against reentry.

Nothing you have told us so far would suggest that he qualifies for a waiver. He should consult an immigration lawyer.

The problem is that we are looking for a immigration lawyer in this case in personal matters! But we didn't find anyone that could help us! I know that there's nothing to do here, but I want to know if he goes back to Mexico can he try to get a visa? Is it possible?

If he's deported subject to a lifetime bar, he should expect that bar to be applied. He is free to apply for a waiver of the bar, but "I like being in the U.S." won't be deemed adequate grounds, nor will "My girlfriend misses me."

Sorry I really didn't understand you!

He's going back to mexico next year, and he will try get a visa there!

People won't take your case because they have a slight bit of morals in not taking your money on a hopeless case. Deported, reentered illegally, working illegally, is all working against him to get any sort of waiver. His chances of getting a visa if he leaves are nil. His chances of getting his status changed here are nil. It's just a matter of time before he's deported again or he leaves on his own. Even marrying him (if you are a citizen) is not likely to be helpful in this situation.

Yes, I understand what you mean! At least do you think we should try at least once get a visa for him? We are planning go live in Mexico next year when I finish my exchange, but next year I'll go to a University in Hawaii, and I can not imagine to marry him in Mexico and after go to hawaii alone, this situation is so confusing. I'm brazilian and he is mexican, I have no problems with immigration, but I can not see(imagine) me married to an illegal immigrant! =(

P.S: What do you think we should try in mexico for get his Visa?

He is not going to get permission to live in the US.

I'm not sure how else we can say it?

You need to think of living somewhere else other than the US.

1. Sponsored Links