Default F1 Student Visa with a Felony Charge and a Conviction of a Disorderly Conduct

I am a student in the United States, well, I was. I was wondering if someone could help me with my current issue I am facing. I was charged with a felony for marijuana production but was convicted with a disorderly conduct in Norfolk, Virginia, in 2008. I was on a student visa (F-1) at the time. The problem that I facing is not when I was trying to get in and out of the country, but it was when I was trying to renew my visa to finish my studies. They told my that I wasn't eligible for visa because I played a part in drug trafficking. I just need a year on my student visa to finish my studies. I know it was foolish what I did, but I was young and wasn't thinking straight at the time. Can anyone advise me or help me on my current situation? Or even if it is possible to actually get a student visa?

Thank you for all your time,
    I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Default Re: F1 Student Visa with a Felony Charge and a Conviction of a Disorderly Conduct

Will anyone give me any advice ?
    I haven't written this in code.
    why doesn't anyone wanna give some advice?

Default Re: F1 Student Visa with a Felony Charge and a Conviction of a Disorderly Conduct

If you need an answer "right now" get on the phone and hire a lawyer to advise you. Otherwise, show some small amount of courtesy to the volunteers here by reading the information that is spoon-fed to you about how long it may take to get a response and the instruction not to respond to your own thread.

If the USCIS considers you to have been convicted of drug trafficking based upon your allocution for your plea bargain, or based upon its own investigation of your crime, you should anticipate completing your studies somewhere other than the United States. You can look up the INA section cited in association with the denial to find the nature of the denial and whether a waiver is permitted.

Mr.Knowitall,

I am sorry if it seemed that I was being rude. I was re-reading what I wrote and it did seem that way.
    As you can see I am a new member. I just didn't know if what I wrote was understandable, maybe it just didn't even sound right,
    I didn't know. After seeing so many other threads being replied to, I thought maybe that was the case. So I posted a reply,
    going against what was written, "do not reply to your own threads." Wanting to see at least if people can read it or not.

Again, I am sorry for the, what you call, "lack of courtesy."
    Thank you for the advise.

I will try to come back to the United States.
    Even if it means losing an arm or a leg (figure of speech)

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like to add.

Thank you,

Have a good one.

Zilus88

Any felony is serious; drug charges even more so. With a felony of drug cultivation, while you may want to come to the US, we do not want or need you, and you have a ban for very good reason.

Even if it was a wrongfully accused charge ?
    I explained to the judge that I wasn't the person that was cultivating and that my roommate was the one without my knowledge.
    But the only problem was the fact that my name was on the lease.
    So he gave me a conviction of a disorderly conduct due to the fact that I was too blind to see what was going on in my own apartment.

Thank you for the help T53147.
    What is happening is not justice.

I learned from my mistakes, of not hanging with the wrong crowds.

Anyways, thanks for the help.
    In any case, if anyone wants to add on here, help yourself. Ill be checking every couple of hours.

I still think there's a chance according to my immigration, and criminal lawyers both in my home country and the states.

Plus, i have to find a way, my fiance is over there.

I have faith.

btw... how can you say "we do not want or need you"? I don't really know you, but I am sensing some hostility from you to me. Maybe you don't like drug offenders, or maybe you just know someone that got into some trouble with drugs. In either case, you really don't know me and your misjudging me. Some people just do some dumb stuff in their life sometimes, and I admit it, I was wrong, it was a long time ago and people change in that long of time, especially if you were 19ish 20, god knows that was my rebellious age. I'm a different person now and I believe everyone deserves at least a second chance, in some cases.

If you were in college, you are intelligent enough to know that what you did was a choice, your product endangered the life of others including innocents who were victims of your customers due to their use or need for funds to purchase your product, and you were a guest in another's "home. Felonies are generally forever crimes; had you been eligible for a lesser sentence, your attorney would have sought it. Universities and employers in the US have very strict policies about the admittance and employment of individuals with such criminal records. Felons with US citizenship have very difficult lives after crime; yours would be worse since your family would not be around to provide the necessities of life.

2008 was not long ago. Only your statements are provided as evidence of your rehabilitation. It is reasonable to assume that placed in a similar position, you would have a high probability of making the same choices. Since you want to enter to complete your education, it is reasonable to assume that you have not made an attempt to do so where you live now. That also demonstrates your immaturity. Moreover, US laws have dictated how individuals in your circumstances will be treated with regard to entrance to and deportation from the US.

A US immigration attorney could advise you of all your options based on the specifics of your case. You should pay for a consultation. But in the highly unlikely event you gain entrance to the US again, my comments which offended you will be minor compared to the treatment you would receive. It is in your best interest to look elsewhere to complete your studies.

Thumbs down Re: F1 Student Visa with a Felony Charge and a Conviction of a Disorderly Conduct

[FONT="Arial"]As I said before, you have it all wrong. I wasn't the one cultivating anything. And as far as I know from aggravated felonies, it has to be a convictions to be a felony, not a charge.
    T53147, I am sorry, I am still sensing an enormous amount of hostility from you, I don't know what kind of social skills you have. But it does seem your being very rude.

"If you were in college, you are intelligent enough to know that what you did was a choice, your product endangered the life of others including innocents who were victims of your customers due to their use or need for funds to purchase your product, and you were a guest in another's "home. Felonies are generally forever crimes; had you been eligible for a lesser sentence, your attorney would have sought it. Universities and employers in the US have very strict policies about the admittance and employment of individuals with such criminal records. Felons with US citizenship have very difficult lives after crime; yours would be worse since your family would not be around to provide the necessities of life."

The court charged me with cultivation with no intention, and that is what it was. Its true, I did used to smoke. I was given a conviction of disorderly conduct if you didn't read my earlier post.

I don't know if you see me as a child coming to this website and talking from my heart seeking some advice. But you, as a person, don't seem to grasp the concept of natural social skills with all this hostility and sudden accusations.

You keep on telling me to get lost, using other words for it, which you think is fair to someone that actually is seeking help. In some social groups you would be considered a bully.

Honestly, ever since I came to this website, everyone has been giving me a hard time. I don't think I deserve it. I'm never coming back to these forums again. You would have appreciated it if you had someone like me looking back and forth on this forum, I just don't see your worth any of my time T53147 or Mr. Knowitall.

My sister and my cousins are American Citizens, my fiance is American, I have lived most of my life in the U.S., and I would give my life for my country.
    The U.S. is home to me. What I am receiving is not fair from you, and its not justice from anywhere else.
    This forum has totally lost its reputation since my law classes. Good work guys, keep at it and you might be the only people checking or posting on the immigration side of the forum

OP, Your immaturity is very evident from your posts. Your posts are typical of an adolescent not an adult. You have lots of excuses and little evidence of taking responsibility for your actions. With a felony record you will be judged - often. It will affect your life and opportunities; that is a fact.

You should seek legal assistance. You should note that if you are granted a visa and entrance, your criminal history will follow you and will make your life difficult. The US citizens in your life can do nothing to assist but provide moral support. Drug crimes are serious - especially for foreign nationals living in or seeking to enter the US; you need to realize and acknowledge this.

1. Sponsored Links