Default Submitted Numerous Physicians Notes to Employer and Never Accommodated

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Connecticut
    I was working for a large agency in CT. I had been there about 17 months or so when I had began having heart troubles. I went in for a medical procedure on January 19, 2011. That is when I began to have problems. I gave my employer numerous letters from my cardiologist asking for a lesser work load. Either the letters were not worded properly or were not clear enough. In any event, the work seemed to increase more than decrease. They chose to ignore the requests from my doctor. I was finally let go in May after being told repeatedly that I was going to be fired soon. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Submitted Numerous Physicians Notes to Employer and Never Accomodated

At what time did you, or any of the physicians, make it clear in so many words that you were requesting an accomodation under the ADA? Using those words?

Default Re: Submitted Numerous Physicians Notes to Employer and Never Accomodated

There were a total of four letters between Jan and April. There was even one more dated back June 21, 2010 asking for a cooler office because the one i had was to hot. That never took place. Actually, they moved me to a warmer office just recently.

That's not what I asked. At what time did you specifically invoke the ADA?

Not just turn in a doctor's note asking for a change in your duties. Specifically saying, "I am seeking an accomodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act" or words to that effect.

I was in a car accident, and am prescribed a gym membership.

It has to read like: My name, gym membership, for (injury). # days per week. For life (but have to get it for a year at a time).

basically...you need to talk to insurance, write down the wording they need, and then have your physician write it as they need it written.

1. Sponsored Links