Default Unemployment if You Quit a Part-Time Job After Being Laid Off From Full-Time

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: California

So my question is simple. If I had two jobs 1 primary, and 1 part time, and I'm laid off from my primary full time job, and voluntarily quit my part time am I still eligible for unemployment.

The story is that I was laid off in March of 2010 from my primary job. I had both my primary and my part time job at the time. I filled for unemployment due to being laid off from my primary. I informed them of my part time and I still received the full $450 a week in benefits however I had to report my wages from my part time job. I voluntarily quit my part time job in July of 2010 due to me moving out of town and the commute would cost me more money in gas than I would make in my short shifts. I moved due to the fact I couldn't afford rent anymore. I still owe $2700+ in back rent for that location. The unemployment office is stating I never told them I quit and that my reason for voluntarily quitting is not valid. They are charging me over $23,000 in overpayment. I need to know if I have any legal avenues I can pursue as I need money ASAP in order to pay bills.

Please help ASAP. If further information is needed I will post as a reply. I will be checking the forums daily as I am unemployed.....

Default Re: Unemployment if You Quit a Part-Time Job After Being Laid Off From Full-Time

So, DID you tell the unemployment office that you quit?

Anytime you voluntarily quit any job it makes unemployment questionable.

Default Re: Unemployment if You Quit a Part-Time Job After Being Laid Off From Full-Time

If you were entitled to a full benefit even when you declared the part-time income, how did they come to the conclusion that your giving up the part-time income would completely disqualify you for benefits? It seems like there's more to the story.

I have no didea. That's why I'm confused and on here. The only thig I can think of is the guy on my phone interview said that I never filled out my claim forum saying I quit my part time job. When I know I did. However, the funny thing is he said the forums was blank except for the money I earned and how many hours I worked. He said it didn't have where I worked, last day worked, employer information, or if I was still working. That's how this thing all stated. The annoying this is that I accidentally did that in the past and forgot the information for my employer and they made me wait another 2 weeks for a duplicate claim forum. This time however they didn't.

1. Sponsored Links