Post Vehicle Repossessed After Judgement

My question involves an auto loan or repossession in the State of: Washington.
    I have a situation where I purchased a vehicle from a private party for $2600. The starter went out about a week after I had it. After a few other issues with the vehicle we came to a mutual agreement, oral agreement, to lower the price to $1500. I paid the $1500 but the seller heard that my family came into some money so she showed up at my house to repossess the vehicle. I basically told them to get ******. they wanted more money and I was not about to pay more. She filed in small claims and because we did not write the verbal contract down, and she conveniently "forgot" about the verbal contract, I had a judgment filled against me. She got a lawyer to ensure that i paid the judgement. He wrote me a letter saying that i needed to either pay in full or return the vehicle. I chose to return the vehicle. The vehicle had been broke down for about 3 months and I informed the seller of that. When they came to pick up the vehicle she threw a huge fit about the condition of the vehicle (not running, smaller tires). I would like to know if she can sue me for repairs to the vehicle.

Default Re: Vehicle Repossessed After Judgement

I can't read the court's judgment from here. If the return of the car was intended to satisfy a money judgment and you've both damaged the vehicle and swapped out parts to reduce its value, they would be able to decline its return in favor of getting the cash you owe or offer to accept it as settlement in part of your debt.

The judgement was for $1100. I did not do damage to the vehicle but the engine would not start. I did swap out the tires and rims because the front end needed work and had made the tires they sold it to me with completely bald. I didn't want to let them have my larger tires that i just bought so i put it on different tires. Im just wondering if they can sue me for repairs to the motor.

If they got a money judgment for $1,100, then you can satisfy the judgment by paying them $1,100.

If you are trying to work something out where they get the car in exchange for filing a satisfaction of judgment, and they want you to repair the damage you did to the vehicle, then you will need to work that out with them.

Yes i understand that. I returned the vehicle. i was just wondering if they can take me to small claims court for the repair of the vehicle to get it running again

1. Sponsored Links